SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - About Ultima IV releases

Reply to topic
About Ultima IV releases
Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:58 am
Hello people,
Today, talking to a friend about the game, we are thinking about the books and we have a question about how they were included in the edition, were they included outside and sealed? And the French edition? did it come in a blister? Someone with information or even a photo of a sealed one would be great, something difficult to see today.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:47 pm
In the UK at least, games were never sealed, shops would empty them out and put the empty cases on the shelves, and then fetch the contents from a shelf when you came to buy the game. The same pattern was used for music cassettes, CDs, etc. So there’s no real meaning to “sealed” games except perhaps for mail order (was relatively rare) and blister packs.
Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:21 am
For the French edition, when I bought it in 1990 or 1991, the books were with the game in the blister.
Unfortunately, they were reunited with a tape. When I removed the tape, I slightly damaged one of the books.
Anyway, finding a sealed version today will be really difficult.
Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:14 pm
Maxim wrote
In the UK at least, games were never sealed, shops would empty them out and put the empty cases on the shelves, and then fetch the contents from a shelf when you came to buy the game. The same pattern was used for music cassettes, CDs, etc. So there’s no real meaning to “sealed” games except perhaps for mail order (was relatively rare) and blister packs.

In Spain it was the same, the games only had the SEGA sticker, they were not usually emptied, it depends on the store. But in this case with the books I would like to know how they were sold

balkry wrote
For the French edition, when I bought it in 1990 or 1991, the books were with the game in the blister.
Unfortunately, they were reunited with a tape. When I removed the tape, I slightly damaged one of the books.
Anyway, finding a sealed version today will be really difficult.

In France it was much easier to guess what would be inside the blister knowing that there everything was inside the blister. I take this opportunity to ask about this, why in France the games came in blister packs? It is perhaps due to some French regulation
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!