Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Sega AI ROMs

Reply to topic
Sega AI ROMs
Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:19 pm
I have just purchased a Sega AI computer with a dozen games-- incredibly thrilled to have this rare piece!

Games are on both cassette and card format. The card is similar to the "My Card" format of the SG-1000/Mark III (however the titles are not compatible). I have a couple questions:

Does anyone know where I can check to see if these titles have already been uploaded?

If these titles are not already available, I would like to download and then share them. Does anyone know what hardware I would need to capture these ROMs?

Thank you!

-Odin
Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:31 pm
I think @Bock is the most knowledgeable person for solving your questions.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:14 pm
So GLAD to see this message. A series of unlucky events with the seller made me miss this auction. I replied to your PM.

We have a public thread:
https://www.smspower.org/forums/15004-SegaAIComputerSoftware

This list of what I found so far:
https://www.smspower.org/Games-Releases/AI-JP

Everything was dumped + 6 systems roms (5 from the AI and 1 from the sound box) with help from Chris Covell, Game Preservation Society and Charles Mac Donald but not fully emulated yet, MESS people have been working on it.

We have a private work thread (I'll add you to it), unfortunately this project stalled due to various reason but we should pursue it with the help of MAME/MESS team.

For the records, the 12 software you got are VARIATIONS of the ones I have. Different media, different packaging. They are likely to be different data. Let's post info in the public thread and arrange ways you could scan and dump them.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!