Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Most noteworthy lost media?

Reply to topic
Most noteworthy lost media?
Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:04 am
Hello everybody, I'm pretty sure most of you who are reading this will know that lost media is a pretty popular topic on the internet, and the Lost Media Wiki is a pretty common place to document that stuff.

Here's my question for all you SMS enthusiasts: What unreleased SMS (or Game Gear) game is most noteworthy that deserves to be on the Lost Media Wiki? Is it that unreleased port of Gauntlet II that was mentioned in a magazine? Is it an unreleased prototype of Alex Kidd in Miracle World? Is it that weird SMS disk drive that never got completed? Let me know and please provide sources for it.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:47 am
You can try https://www.smspower.org/forums/12387-RareStrangePrototypeItemsIndexOfThreads as a starting point for unreleased games. Note worthiness is harder to judge.
Post Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:45 am
I define noteworthiness as how much information is out there on it. If there were any screeenshots from magazines, if they were mentioned in magazines or if they were mentioned by any developers. I guess the closest game we can get to is Die Hard, since I think it had a screenshot? I don't know, LMW is particular about what they consider noteworthy.
Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:52 am
For the Godftaher we have even videos. Also screenshots for Tintin on the Moon. Last Action Hero (although released on GG) was also analysed in magazines with several photos....
Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:04 am
Alright, which one of those has the most coverage/documentation on them? I would assume the Godfather because of the videos but maybe there's something else out there that might have more to talk about...
Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:41 am
Well, for a lot of the games that were released on the GG, there's usually a lot of pics or screenshots of the Master System version. Discounting these multiplatform games, I think it's Godftaher yes... (There was a quite big coverage of Robin Hodd in some magazines, but the screenshots were from the Nes version).
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:26 am
VenomRush1997 wrote
VenomRush1997 wrote
Godfather huh? Alright then, I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the suggestions.

https://lostmediawiki.com/The_Godfather_(Unreleased_Sega_Master_System_movie_tie...
The article is now live (unless they remove it for whatever reason, I've had that happen overnight before). A few questions come to mind though

Where did the cover art come from? I'm sure it was from a magazine, but there wasn't a source to it on the Sega Retro page.

When someone said there were "videos", did they mean there were videos covering the topic of the game, or is there footage of it somewhere? Because I could not find either of them anywhere on Google.

I have split sections of this thread into a new one:

The Godfather for Master System (Unreleased)
https://www.smspower.org/forums/19344-TheGodfatherForMasterSystemUnreleased

The reason is we have mentions of The Godfather in many places and didn't have a "main" topic so I created it. Please discuss The Godfather in the new topic, and this topic here can be used to keep on discussing games worthy of a page on lost media wiki.
Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:26 pm
Should we create similar official topics for games we have pics? (Like Tintin on the Moon or Last Action Hero?)
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:40 pm
Yes, if there isn't a dedicated already we can create one.
Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:49 pm
I've uploaded to Archive.org most of what I've found on cancelled games and development versions over the last 12 years, including sections on Master System / Mark III, Game Gear and SG-1000. I assume that most of the articles, screenshots and concept art are already known to members of this forum, but just in case, here's the link:
https://archive.org/details/archive_202301
Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:24 am
Great compilation! I think I can use it for creating the Tintin on The Moon page!!
Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:04 am
I remember seeing this in the Intertoys (the largest toy shop in the Netherlands) brochure from '92.

TinTin on the moon with a price of 115 guilders. Couldn't find a PDF of this brochure online but it looks like a different screenshot from the one in the SEGA Power preview.
FDyIF8dWQAsRjbx.jpg (674.23 KB)
TinTin on the Moon
FDyIF8dWQAsRjbx.jpg

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:44 am
In the compilation shared by Youloute, there's several screenshots similar to this one.

Btw, I've found the developer (according to the magazine) of the game in Linkedin. Maybe Bock (as a semi-famous person) can approach her?
Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:40 pm
Oh wait... wasn't that Angela S. from Teeny Weeny games?
Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:52 pm
Yes, I've spoken wih Bock, and he already contacted her some time ago about Tintin, but she replied no material has been preserved, but maybe the programmer, Paul Shirley, may have something...
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!