Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Bara Buru #MasterSystemChallenge

Reply to topic
Bara Buru #MasterSystemChallenge
Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:36 am
I don't usually post about my Master System Challenge on the forum but because we're the playing Bara Buru from the awesome Kagesan this week I wanted to invite any members (including Alex if he would like to) to compete.

It's easy to have a go, just take a photo of your best score and post it below or you can create a video for YouTube. I'll try to post a link to my video on the thread
Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:36 am
And here is the video explaining the rules. Thanks everyone. Enjoy.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:37 am
8BitBoy wrote
I wanted to invite any members (including Alex if he would like to) to compete.

Thanks for the invitation, but I don’t think it would be fair if I joined the competition, so I’ll just drop an important hint:

Remember that the key to high scores in Bara Burū is the way you destroy enemies. The more of them you catch in a row when pushing a stunned one towards a wall, the higher the value of the resulting pieces of bonus sushi. Additionally, angry enemies give higher scores, but of course those are also more dangerous.

I’m curious to see how many people in the challenge will struggle with level 5. While Bubble Bobble veterans immediately know what to do there, it has proved to be a remarkably high hurdle for others. This is something I absolutely did not anticipate while developing the game.
Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:49 pm
Thanks so much buddy, I'll speak the advice on Twitter. Its a great game

Kagesan wrote
8BitBoy wrote
I wanted to invite any members (including Alex if he would like to) to compete.

Thanks for the invitation, but I don’t think it would be fair if I joined the competition, so I’ll just drop an important hint:

Remember that the key to high scores in Bara Burū is the way you destroy enemies. The more of them you catch in a row when pushing a stunned one towards a wall, the higher the value of the resulting pieces of bonus sushi. Additionally, angry enemies give higher scores, but of course those are also more dangerous.

I’m curious to see how many people in the challenge will struggle with level 5. While Bubble Bobble veterans immediately know what to do there, it has proved to be a remarkably high hurdle for others. This is something I absolutely did not anticipate while developing the game.
Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:21 pm
I'm NOT competing, because I used savestates in this video, but I thought to share it anyway in case you want to show a complete playthrough to your contestants, as a reference: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ll7E0-uvCOM.

And no, I didn't record it for this purpose, I uploaded it like one year and a half ago, in case you didn't notice the date.
Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:01 pm
Thanks buddy, will def give this a watch. Really appreciate you being honest about the save states. It definitely gets more difficult later on lol
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!