Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - New Hang On / Safari Hunt BIOS variant (was: SMS Weird Test Results)

Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:02 am
segarule wrote
For 1st time i use the SMS test suite (0.33)and appeared a Hang On & Safari Hunt [A] in results. This mean that i have a SMS with BIOS variant?

There are two different "Hang On & Safari Hunt" BIOSes we know of, now. You have the 'updated' one.

segarule wrote
I tested my 6 button MD controller original but the suit dont test all buttons.

Which buttons don't work? Also make sure you're using the Player 1 port.
Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:40 am
There are two different "Hang On & Safari Hunt" BIOSes we know of, now. You have the 'updated' one.

Thanks! Curiosity. The console is labeled "Master System II" when, here in Brazil, would have Alex Kidd in Miracle World.

Which buttons don't work? Also make sure you're using the Player 1 port.

Is in port 1 but works only buttons B and C. Start exit the menu. I understand that are buttons for use in Master System but, for me, to test X, Y, Z, A would be cool.
Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:55 am
segarule wrote
Thanks! Curiosity. The console is labeled "Master System II" when, here in Brazil, would have Alex Kidd in Miracle World.

I don't get it. Your console has Alex Kidd in Miracle World in the BIOS but the test suite reports that as a different BIOS?

segarule wrote
Is in port 1 but works only buttons B and C. Start exit the menu. I understand that are buttons for use in Master System but, for me, to test X, Y, Z, A would be cool.

Interesting. I suspect it's either not a real Genesis/MegaDrive controller or your Brazilian Master System is not handling Genesis/MegaDrive controllers the expected way. What you mean by "Start exit the menu"?
Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:42 am
Last edited by segarule on Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
I don't get it. Your console has Alex Kidd in Miracle World in the BIOS but the test suite reports that as a different BIOS?

Sorry for my bad english. In Brazil the Sega Master System II models was realized with Alex Kidd in Miracle World . This my Sega Master System came with Hang On + Safari Hunt even with "Sega Master System II" labelled on it. Your test suite dont show nothing wrong.

Interesting. I suspect it's either not a real Genesis/MegaDrive controller or your Brazilian Master System is not handling Genesis/MegaDrive controllers the expected way. What you mean by "Start exit the menu"?

When i press start the test suite exit from Controller test and back to main menu. Well, in fact the controller is a special 6 button controller labelled "Master System " on it made by Tec Toy. But the test dont work with all button also in my Chinese MD controller.

*ADMIN EDIT* Moved following posts to https://www.smspower.org/forums/19300 in order to not mix up unrelated topics
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!