Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Phantasy Star randomiser colab

Reply to topic
Phantasy Star randomiser colab
Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:33 pm
I'm looking to put together a team to work on a randomiser for Phantasy Star as it doesn't yet have one. I've already worked a lot on developing a Breath of Fire rando and I'm currently waiting on more help for that one. In the meantime I'd like to work on this project with people. Thought this could be a good place to look for help.

And just to make clear, I'm not just going to sit back and have others do all the work for me. So don't worry about that. Although I will admit that I am a novice and won't be able to do everything asked of me. But I shall certainly try my best.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:53 pm
It depends what you want to randomise. There are disassemblies out there with varying levels of detail. I know the game more than most but I don’t want to commit to any new projects.
Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:58 am
Well as the game is relatively simple I was thinking just a straight forward item randomiser. One could in theory shuffle enemy locations too but that's more work and could make the difficulty quite brutal. We could also mess with character's spells. Could provide an extra challenge that's more fair than randomising enemies. But these two options are for another day. I'm mostly just wanting to shuffle items.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!