Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [VGM pack] Castelo Rá-Tim-Bum

Reply to topic
[VGM pack] Castelo Rá-Tim-Bum
Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:17 pm
One of a handful of games developed by Tec Toy themselves, which means unique music. The arrangements are a bit rough, but I like what they're going for here.

I tried to include track titles in both English and Portuguese, taking reference from the manual and translating them to English the best I could. I don't speak Portuguese at all, so any feedback/corrections are appreciated.

https://www.smspower.org/Music/CasteloRaTimBum-SMS
Some technical notes
Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:55 pm
When I was first going through Sherpa's logs I noticed that more than half the soundtrack was missing, and eventually I realised the songs in this game actually seem to be stored in two separate banks. The easiest way of accessing these is to go into the first level of the game, where poking the sound latch when the game is paused/un-paused will give you access to both song banks.

I also presume the same is the case for Sítio do Picapau Amarelo. I won't be getting to that one anytime soon, but I did do the pack image if you, the reader of this post, wish to tackle it:

Version 1.01
Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:12 am
On the suggestion of Mastered Realm I've changed the term "Phase" to "Level"- the game's manual uses the term "Fase".
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!