Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Brand New Sega Master System Cartridge Shells

Reply to topic
Brand New Sega Master System Cartridge Shells
Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:04 pm
I wanted to let the community know I am making a new injection mold in the USA to make brand new Sega Master System cartridge shells. I know there are some for sale in China however they don't come in a variety of colors.

I will be able to make small batches of 100 or less in various colors by having the mold in the USA and will ensure faster shipping times. I have made injection molds before for a lot of different parts including GameBoy battery lids, cartridge shells, and such.

I will try to keep the price as cheap as I can however they will likely be around $6-$7 apiece.

I would be happy to donate some of the shells to homebrewers as a goodwill gesture. I have most of the N64 system and GameBoy Original, Play it Loud and Color colors matched for you to choose from. If you need another color it can be discussed.

I hope to have them for sale in 120 days. If anyone wants to assist in the quality assurance process let me know. I can send you a sample of the shells from the first rendition of the mold and you can send me your feedback. I am going for 1:1 replicas currently however they should have the option to either have or not have the Sega logo.

Contact me any time on this forum or via email at [email protected].
Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:14 pm
That's good news! I've bought a 100 batch from china (in original colours), and they're quite good in quality.

If you need any help, you can count on me!
Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:30 am
"however they should have the option to either have or not have the Sega logo." Nice !

6-7$ (without shipping and VAT (20% in France)...) will unfortunately be too expensive for me (unless if price go really lower if i'm taking like 200 or more carts).
I can't spend ~10€ (as 1$=1€) only for a funny cartridge shell, even if the quality is outstanding.
Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:45 pm
kusfo wrote
That's good news! I've bought a 100 batch from china (in original colours), and they're quite good in quality.

If you need any help, you can count on me!

I will be in touch as I get closer to send you a sample for your input
Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:09 am
ichigobankai wrote
"however they should have the option to either have or not have the Sega logo." Nice !

6-7$ (without shipping and VAT (20% in France)...) will unfortunately be too expensive for me (unless if price go really lower if i'm taking like 200 or more carts).
I can't spend ~10€ (as 1$=1€) only for a funny cartridge shell, even if the quality is outstanding.

Duly noted and I can't disagree with this. If you need bulk shells buying from China would be the best bet. If you need a few shells for a custom release in a variety of colors I would be a better option.

If you are releasing a homebrew I would be happy to donate some shells to the project.
Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 am
I'm interested too so please keep us posted :)
Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:13 pm
Likewise, me too! This is very exciting...
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:20 pm
ichigobankai wrote

If you offered to your buyers to select one of these funny cartridge shells if they pay the additional cost (shell + hassle), maybe they would be happy to pay it?
Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:01 pm
and it will add even more headache on orders ^-^
(but maybe for a collector).
Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:53 am
Maxim wrote
ichigobankai wrote

If you offered to your buyers to select one of these funny cartridge shells if they pay the additional cost (shell + hassle), maybe they would be happy to pay it?

I agree lots of collectors would pay a few dollars more for a cool cartridge shell in a limited edition color.
Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:04 am
kusfo wrote

Would you mind sharing where you bought the cases? I'm curious to see them. Thanks in advance!

I bought some replacement cases from a U.S. company, but they seemed brittle - several hang tabs broke completely off during shipping.

Starwander - if you can make a quality case, then I know two other people who will buy from you - one of whom makes homebrews and would buy in bulk. Please let me know when you have some ready.
Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:41 am
Hi Odin!
I bought shells, not cases, from China. Is that what you're interested in?

On the other side, I bought cases from Krizz, just before the war. I think he already resumed business.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!