Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Collecting Zillion Guns From Japan

Reply to topic
Collecting Zillion Guns From Japan
Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:40 am
Does anyone here collect Sega Master System related items that aren’t video-game hardware? I recently bought two Zillion laser-tag sets from Yahoo! Japan Auctions by going through Buyee. Unfortunately, once Buyee received my items at their warehouse they contacted me and informed me they would not ship the item outside of Japan, due to the items vaguely resembling guns. They’ve given me the option to ship the items to an address in Japan, otherwise they will “dispose” of my items.

I’ve been attempting to find a different company to ship the Zillion guns to me in the U.S., but this has proven exceedingly difficult. I’m under the impression that the postal regulations have become considerably more strict in Japan within the last year or two. I bought one of the same Zillion sets around 7 years ago with no issue whatsoever, aside from outrageous fees from whatever intermediary company I used at the time.

I’m sure there must be a way to get these two sets out of Japan and to America, as I see sellers from Japan offering these same sets on eBay, and shipping them internationally.

Has anyone else had this problem, or have any advice for resolving this situation? My item storage time is running down, and I’m desperate for any help I can get.
237adfa.jpg (180.22 KB)
237adfa.jpg

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:58 am
Maybe send it to a tenso account...?
Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:28 am
Adol wrote
Maybe send it to a tenso account...?

Those would be the guys that are refusing to ship my package. Tenso owns Buyee. My payments have gone to them.
Problem bypassed
Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:06 am
Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up. I found a solution in case any of you end up in a similar situation.

I discovered a shipping company called forward2me.They're based out of the UK, but they have hubs in Japan and a couple other countries. I contacted their customer service before actually using their services in order to confirm they would be up to the task. Within about a week they said they would be able to ship my package to me. Unfortunately, at some point the customer service representative I'd been corresponding with had forgotten that I was shipping my package from Japan, not the UK, so they had to go back and check with their guys again, but within another week they confirmed they could ship the package to me from Japan.

Once I had the confirmation, I had Buyee ship my Zillion guns to Forward2Me's warehouse in Japan. The rest was pretty painless.

When I was researching how I was going to get my toy guns out of Japan, I read a lot of similar horror stories from people that had gone through the same thing and I never did come across one that ended happily, so I thought it would be a good idea to get this information out.

I was going to post a link to a video of me opening the box, but apparently I can't post that here. Oh well.
Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:53 am
Thanks for the heads up!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!