Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - JoeySMS cartridge reader/writer from BennVenn

Reply to topic
JoeySMS cartridge reader/writer from BennVenn
Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:02 am
I got my first SMS cartridge reader the other day, I'd wanted one for many years to be able to rip my collection (yes, I know they're almost certainly all already dumped). I'd never got round to building some of those dumpers described on here. I took a chance on the newly released off-the-shelf JoeySMS from BennVenn and have been really pleased with it so far.

USB C connection on the tiny board, opens just like any USB flash drive on Windows/Mac and just copy off the ROM image file.

It's fairly hot off the press so I'm sure there'll be glitches and firmware upgrades to come but it's working well for me without having to do any thinking about it.

Thought I'd share in case there are others out there looking for similar or if there's any issues/experiences to share with it.

I can't share a direct link yet from my profile as it's still blocked but just search for: bennvenn joeysms. I'm no connection, just a happy customer.
gngdemocart.jpeg (138.03 KB)
GnG demo cart mounted on JoeySMS
gngdemocart.jpeg
joeysms.jpeg (237.67 KB)
JoeySMS board
joeysms.jpeg

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:24 am
Nice :)
I do the same with my retrofreak, and as you said everything is probably already dumped :)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!