Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Question about some possible game hacks

Reply to topic
Question about some possible game hacks
Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:42 pm
I remember that in Pro Wrestling, you can't play against every other three pair of wrestlers at will. For example, in 2 Players mode, if Player 1 chooses Crush Brothers, the Player 2 can't choose Orient Express nor Crush Brothers: the choice is limited to either Great Maskmen or Mad Soldiers. The rest of the possible matches are limited to the two teams at the right or the left of the team the Player 1 chooses.

In the same vein, in Slap Shot, the possible matches can only be among national teams of the same league, but no inter-league (for example, Australia Vs. Canada would be impossible). Also, a team couldn't play against itself, but this restriction is more common and understandable in team sports games.

I wonder if those restrictions were due to ROM or RAM limitations of that time, or maybe palette.

Would it be possible to hack those games (and similar games with such restrictions) to allow any desirable match?
Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:19 pm
I don't have an answer, but it would be cool to see a Pro Wrestling Definitive Edition where you could play any of those teams plus those from Dump Matsumoto (including the aliens). I believe the movesets were slightly different between the games.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!