Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Mod ideas

Reply to topic
Mod ideas
Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:59 pm
Just looking for an easy project , walk before you run.
I'm stuck on a mod for another system using SPI as I want to capture button inputs but I can't get data line to read anything but high

I was thinking about how much easier the master system would be to make some controller input based switching for

Just some ideas I want to run by and make sure they wouldn't be accidentally triggered by any games

2 ideas:

50/60hz controller switchable:

button 1 + button 2 held simultaneously for 5 seconds flicks between video modes.

Pause mod (without adding a momentary button to the controller) ...something like above? Maybe UP + a certain amount of button 1+2 = pause from controller?

Should be dead simple to implement on an Arduino, but what I really want is to do is a PIC ASM version on a 12F629/675.

You have 6 general input / outputs to play with (well, one is limited to being an input only, but that's ok)

Any suggestions would be awesome 😊 should be a very doable mod, considering these old consoles simply pull single lines to ground and there's no messing with communication protocols
Post Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:33 am
Might jump into this (when the PICs arrive, jaycar don't sell them anymore) and risk the button combos triggering something as finished up the other consoles region flicking and reset via controller. No way I'd port that to PIC but this one might just go straight into PIC
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!