Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Request to program remaining gun/paddle/pad games for 2P input

Reply to topic
Request to program remaining gun/paddle/pad games for 2P input
Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 4:29 pm
I like to try to figure things out myself, but this is just way outside my skill set for now and I'm hoping one of the brilliant people here will be able to help me out.

So about six years ago "segasonicfan" requested the light phaser games be converted to a P2 input, since the game gear only has a TH signal pin on the 2nd controller input and he wanted to use the phaser on his modded game gear. Post here - https://www.smspower.org/forums/15523-LightPhaserPlayer2HacksWasSMSProgrammingRe...

It looks like over the next day "calindro" pumped out IPS patches for all the games and I can confirm they work great. Reading more into getting the most SMS compatibility out of a game gear I found that both the paddle (in export mode) and the sports pad both use the TH signal as well.

If the ten remaining games that use the TH signal (i may have missed a few) could be converted for game gear use, I think it would be awesome. While the controllers most of them use are more obscure than a phaser, they also don't require a TV out option, so they could be played on all game gears with a link port controller adapter in theory.

They are:
Phaser
3D gunner (unreleased phaser game released 2019)

Paddle
BMX Trial: Alex Kidd
Galactic Protector
Megumi Rescue
OutRun
OutRun 3D
Super Racing
Woody Pop: Shinjinrui no Block Kuzugi

Pad
Great Ice Hockey
Sports Pad Football
Sports Pad Soccer