Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Zillion and SMS II video intro problem

Reply to topic
Zillion and SMS II video intro problem
Post Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:50 pm
Last edited by 386DX on Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hello,

I was trying my Master System II a 3006-13 model PAL version powered by a SMS I power supply and I modded it with the usual RCA output with mono audio scheme. It works but I find sometimes having strange behaviours and specifically with a game "Zillion". Once the game start as soon the sound of the initial animation start the TV I'm using (a good old analog centric 2005 TV-LCD with a great analog quality management and always worked perfectly with old console) the tv doesn feel the signal for few seconds than it came back then it goes down again and so on.. incredibly this doesn't happens with other games included the on-board one. The last time I tried it worked with other Sega consoles and I can't see how it'd be possible that the cart itself has problems. I remember having seen strange colors and similar problems on other TVs. The mod capacitor is a parallel of two 10v 220uF ( in the photo was a single one but then I tried double that as I read in another thread that increasing that might have solved some problems but nothing changed) one on the video connector after a 75 ohm resistor before the capacitor. The IC is a Sony CXA1145P video is on the pin 20, audio on the pin 4 and GND on the pin 12.
I post a photo of my modded board, sorry for the low phone camera quality.
Any suggestions? Wires and capacitors seems ok and nothing seems wrong.
Thanks.

EDIT: I found that only Zillion when the animation start flashing has this problem! Not during the gameplay but only at that specific nice animated intro. Why do you think such problem happens?
Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:14 pm
UPDATE: I tried connecting also the console with the RF tuner to the same TV. The channel is found at 500Mhz more or less and the quality of the signal is incredibly good as expected from this LCD old TV but strangely with the intro of the Zillion game also with the RF something strange happens. It looks like in the same moment at the animated intro, le RF tuner results a disturbed noisy image like when the tv didn't get a perfect old analog signal from the antenna but still visible. Also I noticed that after a while the console probably warm up the problem seems to disappear or at least improving. But once the console is cold the problem come back.
I suppose the Zillion game intro has a very high contrast animation with those black/blue/red backgrounds and this might have something to do with some components related to the RF or the Sony IC itself? Maybe capacitors?
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!