Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SMS TMNT Homebrew

Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:08 pm
slogra wrote
I'm sorry, i meant the orange footsoldier instead of the yellow one. I would use aa0000 instead of aa5500 on that one. It's a matter of taste though.

Ahhh, okay. Yeah, that looks way better.

slogra wrote

I still kinda like the previous dark purple one with blue. He looks really badass in those colors :p. It's a nice original color combo for a change.

As long as it's not jarring, still on the fence with it tbh.

slogra wrote

I think the chain of the nunchucks should be shorter.
Check out this one for example, the chain is very short if you even see it at all:
https://www.spriters-resource.com/game_boy_advance/teenagemutantninjaturtleskona...

I'll play around with it. I was trying to get closer to the original arcade version when I first created things.
Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:52 am
[quote="xfixium"]
cireza wrote
xfixium wrote
cireza wrote

Hmm, I did previously check these values. As I thought that may be the case. However, the outlines are the same four all 4 turtles. At least with the captures I got from running it through Mensen.

You are right indeed. Sorry for the wrong information here, I thought they were all different.

Having two set of colors will indeed match the NES version.

Not a biggie, it's been awhile since I did that investigation, I wasn't sure myself.

Update wise, this is the current game I'm working on, at least for the minute XD. I've been testing states, and just overall performance of the game. Trying to optimize some pieces. SDCC can be tough to judge on the asm output in some scenarios. I have about 120 lines left of active display after processing some of the more major pieces. Not gonna lie, it's going to be tight. Some more progress:

https://www.pyxosoft.com/projects/sms_tmnt/videos/tmnt_0010.mp4

I was looking the video again and comparing with original arcade and NES. Seems that flames in below of screen are minus intense (small) tban other 2 versions. In arcade and NES the flames occuped great portion of screen. You will keep maintain the actual size of flames?
Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:05 pm
segarule wrote

I was looking the video again and comparing with original arcade and NES. Seems that flames in below of screen are minus intense (small) tban other 2 versions. In arcade and NES the flames occuped great portion of screen. You will keep maintain the actual size of flames?

Probably not. The n*s and arcade versions have bigger vertical resolutions. I was more concerned about keeping the same playable area intact. There are also some other reasons behind the limitation, although, I could possibly overcome those issues if necessary.
tmnt_0002.png (16.77 KB)
old compare when I first started this. The n*s version had to be cropped top and bottom to make it fit in a similar fashion
tmnt_0002.png

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:02 am
Really looks great so far, man this is a tall task to re-develop the entire game.
Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:47 am
Not sure if Louis is working on other songs, but I also gave the music a shot. Starting with the shortest song in the game :)

Let me know if you think it needs some tweaking.
Feel free to use it (in fact, i'd be honored).

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:53 am
And another short tune

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:05 pm
Oh damn those sound amazing! Much better than anything I would've been able to come up with O_O
Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:41 pm
xfixium wrote
segarule wrote

Probably not. The n*s and arcade versions have bigger vertical resolutions. I was more concerned about keeping the same playable area intact. There are also some other reasons behind the limitation, although, I could possibly overcome those issues if necessary.

I feel you there. Currently working on a port of Final Fantasy I and the vertical squish has been gnarly to work around since all of the UI elements are designed to fit in a 256x240 screen space, including Japanese characters. I squished it all, but now a Japanese translation would be much harder to make.

Best of luck on this though!
Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:38 am
I'm working on the level 2 music.
I've also slightly updated the other 2 songs.

Comments or ideas are welcome.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:01 am
slogra wrote

Very good! Let´s see how you will go with Technodrome track.
Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:29 am
Do you mean the boss theme, or another track?
Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:39 am

This song is amazing. Changing the instruments and rithms
Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:56 am
slogra wrote

I wanted to comment on this much earlier, but I didn't get the time to sit down and really listen to these tracks. They sound phenomenal so far!
Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:15 pm
Thanks!

I just realized that the level 2 song sounds much better an octave down, which was an easy fix. What do you think?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:22 pm
slogra wrote
Thanks!

I just realized that the level 2 song sounds much better an octave down, which was an easy fix. What do you think?

Oh yeah, big difference. Much easier on the ears, frequency wise. Digging what you're doing with the bass channel.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!