Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World

Reply to topic
Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World
Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:21 pm
Hey guys, Asha is back with a remake of her legendary 90´s game. It gets a retail version at Strictly Limited Games:

https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/wonder-boy-asha-in-monster-world/

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/wonder-boy-asha-in-monster-world

Since it´s a Mega Drive title, it´s not perfectly fitting for SMS power, but there are a lot of Wonder Boy fans on here so I thought some of you will like it. It´s coming for Switch and PS4 (standard and CE) and a soundtrack is also to get (but a bit pricey maybe).

Cheers!
Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:01 am
While I do like Monster World IV, it's not difficult to see why it was a Japan exclusive. It's far too easy (apart from the ridiculous last boss) and just doesn't feel like a Wonder Boy game.

With regards to modern remakes, I've never been interested in them (not least because I detest modern consoles).
Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:39 am
Well, it´s more a game in Shantae style (maybe the reason why Shantae has a solid fanbase?) and it has a reason why the original title never took the Wonder Boy name in it, for sure. I think it wasn´t that bad actually, at least it still looks like a Wonder Boy game (cool graphics).

It wasn´t my intention to suck with this thread, I just wanted to share it for the Wonder Boy community.

By the way, modern consoles can be good if you know how to use them for yourself (but I understand your point of view, of course). Recently I looked on EvilBay how much an Amiga 500 costs nowadays and it made me sad, so it´s nice to see games like Turrican (the originals) are returning to those systems. Otherwise it wouldn´t be possible to ever play them again someday, so I´m thankful in a specific way.
Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:31 pm
Here's a new trailer:
Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:33 am
The new trailer is definitely an improvement over the first look we got at the game. I'm starting to feel some hype and am looking forward to it.

The game has been delayed from Q1 to Q2 which is a good thing. No doubt they have been working hard to improve the game after the initial negative response.

It's far too easy (apart from the ridiculous last boss)

Whenever someone says it's too easy I always think of the level where the platforms are all moving conveyor belts and if you miss a platform it's instant death on a pile of rotating spikes!

asha.png (784.36 KB)
asha.png

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!