Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Weird issue, not sure whats causing it

Reply to topic
Weird issue, not sure whats causing it
Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:51 am
I was playing Golden Axe Warrior, for about 20 mins, I am a few hours into the game. When all the sudden the screen got all distorted and the sound froze to just a beeping noise, so I figured the cart was dirty, took it out and cleaned it (with proper cleaning stuff, not just blowing into it). I retried it about 3 mins later did it again, and it kept doing it (about 3 more times) until I loaded save file 2 (I always keep a backup). So I saved over file 1 and played for about 30 mins more and it didn't do it again that night. Tonight I played for 45 mins, it did it again, loaded file 2 and worked fine. No other game ever did this for me, I was playing Astro Warrior for about an hour before that and it was fine, no issues. I cleaned the game and system a few times, checked traced on the cart, didn't see anything alarming. Could a dying battery cause this issue?
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:42 am
A dying battery would likely cause all saves to get lost, not damage to one of them. It’s hard to say what the problem you are having is.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!