Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SMS Game storage solutions?

Reply to topic
SMS Game storage solutions?
Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:20 pm
Hello to all of you!

I have recently been getting back into gaming the way that I had hoped to and have begun re-amassing my collection of games and systems. What I am having difficulty locating is a storage system designed for SMS games for which I do not have their original case. If anyone knows of one and could help me locate it, that would be awesome!

As it stands now, I am using the pull-out VHS drawers for my SMS, Atari and Intellivision games without cases and would like to find a better solution. Thanks for reading my first post!
Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:17 am
FirDerrig wrote
Hello to all of you!

I have recently been getting back into gaming the way that I had hoped to and have begun re-amassing my collection of games and systems. What I am having difficulty locating is a storage system designed for SMS games for which I do not have their original case. If anyone knows of one and could help me locate it, that would be awesome!

As it stands now, I am using the pull-out VHS drawers for my SMS, Atari and Intellivision games without cases and would like to find a better solution. Thanks for reading my first post!

Hi,

I use old case for audio tapes and it works great :)
Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:32 pm
I use Really Useful Boxes to store my video game bits and bobs and their 4 litre box stores 36 Master System cartridges almost perfectly (the small amount of slackness allows you go get your finger in to pull a game out). The boxes stack neatly, too.

Of course, one problem with Master System cartridges is a lack of end labels, so I made some slipcases that have the name of the game on the spine along with some of the cover art and a description on the back. I've uploaded the templates I've made so far to http://benryves.com/bin/master_system_slipcases/ if they're of any interest.

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:24 pm
Wow, they're really, really elegant, congrats!
Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:26 pm
Those look really nice, benryves!
This place is fun!
Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:33 am
yogi_om. I didn’t even think of that! I don’t have one of those but I do have an old Iomega Zip drive soft case that would definitely do the trick for storage!

benryves: That’s awesome and those templates are great and yes they are of interest! I have the link up and will be downloading those shortly.

I just want a fun way to have them be visible/easily accessible since I still want to use them and play the games. I also ant to make it so that these games are also available for my kids to play and that they know what they’re looking at.

I’ve been using LibreOffice for a while now making case art for games that I purchased pre-owned and that’s fun. I even found this great source of scanned game case art so if anyone wants to take a look at this then great!

:-| I can't post links yet!!! Anyway, if you're looking for box art, this is a good place to go! it's the basic WorldWideWeb period TheOldComputer period com

And thank you for replying!
Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:55 am
benryves wrote
I use Really Useful Boxes to store my video game bits and bobs and their 4 litre box stores 36 Master System cartridges almost perfectly (the small amount of slackness allows you go get your finger in to pull a game out). The boxes stack neatly, too.

Of course, one problem with Master System cartridges is a lack of end labels, so I made some slipcases that have the name of the game on the spine along with some of the cover art and a description on the back. I've uploaded the templates I've made so far to http://benryves.com/bin/master_system_slipcases/ if they're of any interest.

This is awesome thank you :)
Audio tapes box
Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:10 am
This is what it looks like :)
20-05-28 09-58-35 3135.jpg (2.39 MB)
Small box filled with SMS games
20-05-28 09-58-35 3135.jpg

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:09 am
FirDerrig wrote
if you're looking for box art, this is a good place to go!

https://www.smspower.org/Scans/
more fun!
Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 3:23 pm
@Yogi: That DOES look awesome!

@Maxim: Yeah, I started exploring the site more after that post and found the scans! Oh well. The other site does have a lot of other box art as well!
Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:30 pm
I sold some official storage cases here some years back. They're nice, but very hard to find and don't that many ganes.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!