Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - A lot of four SF-7000s up for sale

Reply to topic
A lot of four SF-7000s up for sale
Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:56 pm
I'm selling my SF-7000s if anyone is interested.

http://ebay.us/1opp61?cmpnId=5338273189

Here is a lot of four Sega SF-7000 Super Control Stations. They are 3" floppy disk add-ons for the Sega SC-3000 and Sega SC-3000H home computers from the early to mid 80s (released before the Sega Master System).

Two I/O Cassette/Cartridges are included. These are quite rare and are often not included when SF-7000s come up for sale, but are essential to connect the device to an SC-3000. One has been forced open (see picture), but I believe it still functions.

They are sold as "For parts or not working" because none of them are quite 100% functional. Most, if not all, show signs of life. They power on and the disk drive whirrs. However, I couldn't get any of them to load.

The most common fault was a lack of video output and an audio signal of "two beeps." The user manual describes the "two beeps" as an error signal that indicates there is something wrong with the RAM. I bought some brand new RAM of the same kind and was planning to replace them (requires soldering) but I never got around to it. I am including the new RAM with the bundle (as well as a spare fuse).

There are also some things (I forget what they are called) for the RAM chips that you can solder onto the board that makes replacing the RAM easier in the future (or to make it easier to switch them out between the motherboards until you find one that works).

A couple of 3.5" floppy drives and some 3.5" floppy disks are also included. Even though the SF-7000 has a 3" floppy drive, there is a space on the motherboard to connect a 3.5" floppy drive (see image of motherboard "CN2 - CN34"). If you're keen, you could replace the drive and then have access to the more common 3.5" disk, instead of the much rarer 3" disk.

In order to avoid the complexity of calculating international postage, I'm going to offer this lot up with free postage and will start the bidding at a price that should cover postage to most places in the world.
Post Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:38 am
Why are you selling all four of them simultaneously?
Post Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:50 pm
Expediency.

And also it was hard to split into four sales when there is only 2 I/O carts and none of the units are currently working. I figured it would be more attractive to sell them as a lot because it should be almost guaranteed to get at least one working model out of all the parts.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!