SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Light Phaser in Meka

Reply to topic
Light Phaser in Meka
Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:05 am
Hi,

I have 2 versions of Meka: 0.73 for Windows 7 and a version made in 2011 which seems to work better with my Windows 10

In both versions, when I play games that require the light gun, I use the mouse. However, the shot is not accurate: It is somewhat to the left.

Is there any way to configure this so that I can fix the accuracy of the light phaser? It is great that there is support for it, but certainly the accuracy issue is a problem.

Thanks for reading.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:50 am
The accuracy can vary depending on the game, because of the way they try to determine where the gun is pointing based on the signals it sends. Meka simulates this data but different games will interpret it differently.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:50 pm
I wonder if it would be interesting to provide optional high-level hacks to match the position directly, by hacking into the game code and injecting our raw data directly into the SMS RAM?
Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:31 am
Sorry for the delay; I thought I would get a notification to my email.

Thank you Maxim. I think I will try some other light phaser games to compare how they work. The game in which the accuracy is not working correctly is Missile Defence 3D.

Bock: I don't have a lot of technical knowledge, but I definitely agree that some type of option to configure the precision of the light phaser for each game would be great.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:46 am
smsdays wrote
Bock: I don't have a lot of technical knowledge, but I definitely agree that some type of option to configure the precision of the light phaser for each game would be great.

My suggestion involve doing specific hack on each game so the emulator can communicate them accurate data - in other words, they would behave with more accuracy that on a real system.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!