SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SMSReader (to Mike G.)

Reply to topic
SMSReader (to Mike G.)
Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 12:58 am
Mike,

I'm building my SMSReader, and I'm looking at the noise fix for the 4040 reset lines (Troubleshooting, problem 1).

I believe that the second 4.7nF cap should be connected between 7Q and 7W (not 7V). Also, the 2.2kohm resistor should be connected between 4AB and 4W (not 4V). It seems to me that the "V" column is pin 10 (CLK) on that 4040, and not RESET.

I should add, that I'm using the diagrams in your SMSReader documentation as the guide for the row and track numbering (I'm not using my own SMSReader as a guide, so the problem is not the result of me placing my sockets in the wrong places).

Please confirm that the intended track is W.

Thank you.

--
Eric Quinn
Definitely V (text)
Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 9:41 am
> Mike,

> I'm building my SMSReader, and I'm looking at the noise fix for the 4040 reset lines (Troubleshooting, problem 1).

> I believe that the second 4.7nF cap should be connected between 7Q and 7W (not 7V). Also, the 2.2kohm resistor should be connected between 4AB and 4W (not 4V). It seems to me that the "V" column is pin 10 (CLK) on that 4040, and not RESET.

> I should add, that I'm using the diagrams in your SMSReader documentation as the guide for the row and track numbering (I'm not using my own SMSReader as a guide, so the problem is not the result of me placing my sockets in the wrong places).

> Please confirm that the intended track is W.

No, the intended track is definitely V. The intended pin is the CLK line of the low counter, while the other resistor/capacitor pair is connected to the RESET lines of both counters.

Mike

Re: Definitely V (text)
Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 8:37 pm
> No, the intended track is definitely V. The intended pin is the CLK line of the low counter, while the other resistor/capacitor pair is connected to the RESET lines of both counters.

My mistake. I thought only the reset line(s) required the fix (and for some reason didn't realize that the two reset lines were connected, so I thought both 4040s would require a capacitor and resistor on their reset lines.)

Thanks.

--
Eric Quinn
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!