Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - (Suggestion) MSX/MSX2 compatibility!

Reply to topic
(Suggestion) MSX/MSX2 compatibility!
Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 am
Hello my friends, it's me once again.

The MSX was a computer from Japan with very similar hardware capabilities to the Sega SG-1000 and Colecovision (both of with MEKA supports). The MSX2 had similar hardware to the Sega Master System as well. So would it be hard to implement incompatibilities for those systems within the emulator?
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:45 am
It won't happen, MEKA is already a charge I am carrying and I would like to make it more modern and simpler to manage, so adding more features and systems I am not familiar with doesn't sound like a pragmatic idea :)
Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:47 am
MSX is simple to impliment if one is already emulating sg1k/coleco [I did this last fall for fbalpha], but MSX2[+] is a whole new ballgame, I'm afraid. The v9938/58 vdp quite complex :/

best regards,
- dink
Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:25 am
VenomRush1997 wrote
Hello my friends, it's me once again.

The MSX was a computer from Japan with very similar hardware capabilities to the Sega SG-1000 and Colecovision (both of with MEKA supports). The MSX2 had similar hardware to the Sega Master System as well. So would it be hard to implement incompatibilities for those systems within the emulator?

Hi, nice to meet you, if you want to play MSX games on SMS or GG or even SG-1000, you can see most of it at https://www.smspower.org/forums/16445-MSXToSMSHacks
Some of these MSX games have TMR SEGA headers to play on an American / European Master System.

Also you can follow along the Operation Taiwan page. There are MSX games on there. Some Taiwanese hackers for DahJee carts convert each byte whether it's the C hex, D hex, or E hex for the SG-1000.

Me and other people on this forum are trying to plan MSX2 for the SMS. Nice chatting. :-)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!