Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - (Bram Stoker's) Dracula (Game Gear)

Reply to topic

Rate this game

★☆☆☆☆ 0% 0%
★★☆☆☆ 20% 20%
★★★☆☆ 20% 20%
★★★★☆ 40% 40%
★★★★★ 20% 20%
(Bram Stoker's) Dracula (Game Gear)
Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:31 pm
This topic contains reviews of (Bram Stoker's) Dracula.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:48 pm
I personally don't know much about the history of this game, but I do know this a a decent game, but not a great one. I have never beaten level 2, but these are my thoughts on the first few minutes of the game.

Gameplay:

The controls aren't terrible, but they could be better. Usually, your deaths won't feel cheap, but there are some exceptions, such as the moving platforms running you into nearly unavoidable bats. The first boss is extremely easy, and almost makes you laugh a bit when you realize that was a boss. In one way, that makes it a good first boss, yet something feels missing when you kill it.

Music:

One word; DLACULA. The music isn't too terrible, but, again, I've heard better from the SN76489 chip.

Graphics:

They're okay. They could be far better, but I've seen way worse. My only issue is when you forget which character is yours.

Replayability:

I still play it, but mostly because of that intro screen music. I forget how many levels (scenes) there are, but each has a daytime and nighttime level.

Conclusion:

There are way better games you can buy for $5. Get one of those, unless you're a collector that has to have EVERY GAME EVER.

★★☆☆☆
Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:23 pm
Yay new review!
Played it on the emulator and I'm planning getting the real cart one of these days.
I really enjoyed playing this game.
The sampled voice is pretty cool at the title screen lol.
The music is weird but guess it goes with the game. Never got past the 2nd boss its damn hard.
In overall its a pretty good game.
Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:38 pm
The problem which I had with this game: The easy mode is far too short and the hard way requires many runs to learn all the traps, rooms and find the best way to handle this tight time limits.
I liked the sounds and graphics but often haven't the time to explore the whole stage.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!