Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Can't get my SC-3000s to work yet

Reply to topic
Can't get my SC-3000s to work yet
Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 9:29 am
I received an SC-3000 and an SC-3000H in the mail yesterday from an auction. The auction said they were unworking but I got them anyway because they were cheap (~$20AU including postage in fact). I tried to use them with a SMS AC adaptor, and the LED light on each turned on. This was a good sign, I thought, so I tried some games to tune into my TV.

I tried the channel switch on the back of both, and tried VHS and UHS. It seemed that there was a blackish screen with a buzzing noise on each setting, on both VHS and UHS. I'm wondering if there's a way I can get them to work. I haven't actually tried the AV output, simply because I don't have an AV adaptor at all. They have 5-pin DIN AV outputs I believe...

Cheers,

MaRkiSH
Limbs a Flyin'
Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 11:35 am
havent looked inside any sc-3000's myself, but a common problem that can happen to computers with keyboards built in is any socketed chips in the machine can get a little loose. try opening them up and if you see any chips in sockets, tap them a few times back into the socket - you might not see any visable looseness, but it can stil be there. it worked for me with some little atari xl/xe machine i forget the proper name of

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!