Rate this game

★☆☆☆☆ 11% 11%
★★☆☆☆ 0% 0%
★★★☆☆ 11% 11%
★★★★☆ 33% 33%
★★★★★ 44% 44%
Flicky (フリッキー) (SG-1000)
Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:55 pm
This topic contains reviews of Flicky (フリッキー).
Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:56 am
Not only is Flicky one of my favorite games, but the SG-1000 (or MSX version - same thing) is my favorite version of the game. 5 stars from me.

best regards,
- dink
Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:40 pm
Last edited by Game Gear on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:59 am; edited 4 times in total
Flicky is an arcade platformer from 1984 and was published by Sega. The most popular versions are the arcade and Genesis versions, but there actually is an SG-1000 port too.

Unfortunately, due to the limitations of the SG-1000, Flicky is somewhat less enjoyable on this console (although they certainly could've tried harder). The music obviously sounds different, as well as the graphics feeling far more dated. Not only that, but the Tigers act really stupid in this version, and seem to just randomly jump from one platform to the next. The Tigers also fall from the sky rather than appear from a box-like thing on a set platform meaning you can't predict when they'll appear. Collision detection is terrible and I constantly bouncing all over the place because I apparently kept hitting the sides of the platforms.

Fans of Flicky will either enjoy this game because of what it is, an 8-Bit port of Flicky, or will be disappointed due to its limitations. If you have an SG-1000, then try to find this game as it is an interesting title for the system, but if you don't, then go for the far superior Genesis version.

Still, I give this game 3 stars as it is OK, but not as good as it could've been.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!