Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - VGM player with YM2143

Reply to topic
Dave
VGM player with YM2143
Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 10:32 am
Hiya,

Haven't posted in a while, hope everyone is fine.

Just some news: http://bannister.org/software/ have an audio player with VGM+YM2143 support, saw this posted on RG.

Dave.

• Site Admin
He posted on the music forum too (text)
Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 1:24 pm
If anyone really wants it, I can send them an unfinished Winamp plugin with YM2413 support - I'm trying to get it close to the feature set of the existing one before releasing it (it's a port/rewrite).

Maxim
Consolemu
Re: He posted on the music forum too (text)
Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 6:58 pm
Please e-mail that bad boy right away.

Chris :o)

• Site Admin
Even better than that...
Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 7:22 pm
> Please e-mail that bad boy right away.

in_vgm.zip

Note that:

- it has less features than the existing one since it's a work-in-progress rewrite
- but it does play FM
- so that's good

So keep the old DLL handy to use for other files. Don't try and get them running together, it won't work (one DLL will play all files).

Maxim
Consolemu
Hey, this is great!
Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 6:40 pm
I see what you mean when you hit Config many of the features don't work but so far I really like the quality of the sound. I can't remember what version of the plug-in I had the last time. Might have been one of the very first ones posted on this form.

Btw, would you be gracious enough to add in SSL support? It's from Charles MacDonald's SMSPlus emulator. It's a very easy log format similar to GYM and that format also supports YM2413. Only reason why I keep asking everyone to support it is because I don't know enough to code my own Plug-In or my own Player. I also have lots of SSL files that need to be listened too.

Chris :o)

• Site Admin
SSL
Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 9:45 am
> I see what you mean when you hit Config many of the features don't work but so far I really like the quality of the sound. I can't remember what version of the plug-in I had the last time. Might have been one of the very first ones posted on this form.

The PSG sound is exactly the same as the last Delphi-coded plugin, since it's a very close port. YM2413 is the same as Dega (EMU2413), except I increased the sine table resolution because it gave better sound.

> Btw, would you be gracious enough to add in SSL support? It's from Charles MacDonald's SMSPlus emulator. It's a very easy log format similar to GYM and that format also supports YM2413.

I suppose I should :) since once I get YM2612 in there I ought to write a GYM handler. I'll think about it...

> Only reason why I keep asking everyone to support it is because I don't know enough to code my own Plug-In or my own Player. I also have lots of SSL files that need to be listened too.

Hmm... I think SSL2VGM would be incredibly easy to write...

*goes and looks at SMSPlus's readme*

Aha! Well, SSL is an extension of GYM... so both could be added with the same code, and it should be easy to extend Dave's GYM2VGM to support it, since he's been kind enough to include the source...

Maxim
  • Site Admin
SSL files?
Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 2:01 pm
> I also have lots of SSL files that need to be listened too.

Can you upload/email them? It'd make it easier for me...

Maxim
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!