Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Scanlines50% and overclock

Reply to topic
Scanlines50% and overclock
Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:28 am
Hi!

Two questions

1 - there is a way to control the tvmode blitter? os too soft, i was looking for a 50% scanlines effect

2 - Any way to do overclock? some time ago, I compile mess with overclock option, and is great to play some PAL games that without overclock they have glitches in NTSC, but with overclock they work great, like Dracula

http://www.smspower.org/forums/15593-MessNTSC533hz

Thanks
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:42 am
You can add custom iperiod strings in meka.nam to overclock, but some games will be broken (CPU timing, e.g. samples playing faster) and others will be unaffected (deliberate frame timing, frame rate locking). The blitter is not configurable.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:02 am
One of the bottleneck that keeps Meka options limited is the lack of a proper UI for configuration. I spent a few hours experimentally starting to replace the GUI with my lib dear imgui (it is in a branch). Perhaps with a solid week of work we could ditch all the old UI code.
Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:20 pm
Hi, thanks for reply, the custom iperiod trick work great

I have some more question if you people dont mind

OK: EDIT

I was asking about sound, but i just download latest 0.80 and is working fine now

1 - TV mode

TV mode in 0.73 is working fine, but in 0.80 just give me a black screen... someone can test?

i tried in two PCs in my house, one with nvidia (512x448 resolution, CRT), the other with a GMA950 (1920x1080 TFT), same problem, black screen

2 - Most important... if the blitter is not configurable, my only option is to build a custom meka from source. I use windows XP

Any way to compile using MINGW? or Visual Studio is a must?

Thanks

Bock wrote
One of the bottleneck that keeps Meka options limited is the lack of a proper UI for configuration. I spent a few hours experimentally starting to replace the GUI with my lib dear imgui (it is in a branch). Perhaps with a solid week of work we could ditch all the old UI code.

But the best of Meka is the nice old style GUI

Hope more emulators have a great interface like meka...
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:56 am
0.80 lacks blitter. I am sorry I just don't have the time resources to work on Meka.

You might use mingw if you know what are you are doing, but it is going to be easier with Visual Studio.

The new GUI will look similar.
Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:15 pm
Bock wrote
0.80 lacks blitter. I am sorry I just don't have the time resources to work on Meka.

You might use mingw if you know what are you are doing, but it is going to be easier with Visual Studio.

The new GUI will look similar.

Thanks a lot for your reply

I check the sourcecode, and look like the blitters are in the videoasm file, true?

Ahh..the project is for VS2013, I installed 2010, that is maximum i can do in XP, converted the project, but was a pain in the ass to compile :) finally I sucess

I was specting to maybe just touch some parameters, to moddify the TVmode, and be happy, but if I need to add again the blitters to source, looks like is a big work

Thanks a lot anyways, and good work
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!