SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Native 3D (SBS)

Reply to topic
Native 3D (SBS)
Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:16 pm
Hi all,

First, huge thanks to Bock! Meka is awesome, and thanks for getting back to me so soon!

I've built a version of Meka with added SBS (side-by-side) 3D support. This should enable Meka to play SegaScope games on modern 3D TVs, natively. An added bonus: No more flicker!

For various reasons (not knowing where the official repo was, not knowing github well enough, difficulty in compiling, inconsistent internet access), I ended up downloading some version of the codebase, and doing a bunch of stuff locally.

Here's where that stands now (sorry, can't post links yet. Change "_dot_" to "."):
github_dot_com/teege/meka

I've only attempted to compile this on a Mac. To use it, you can download the binary found in dist, and add the rom files mentioned in the ReadMe. Or clone the project, set up the required libraries, and build from there.

What's next:
After speaking with Omar, I need to get my code in a better place for merging. This means forking, branching, and reapplying my edits. I'll do some light refactoring as well.

Once that's done, I plan to work towards implementing native light gun support using the Wiimotes IR tracking capabilities. This should be quite achievable. There's a few projects on various platforms that support WiiMote IR tracking. I could look at those for inspiration. Meka, for it's part, already supports light gun emulation in the form of mouse tracking. What I basically need to do is marry the two concepts. and do it multiple times to support each platform (Since Allegro won't work for this).

This should allow me to play Missile Defense 3D again :)

Can't make any promises regarding WHEN I'll do this. I've literally put all of this together on my train ride into work. That time gets used for OTHER things, too. However, I am committed to completing what I set out to do.

Thanks again, Bock, and all who have contributed to making/supporting this awesome emulator!
Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:43 pm
Man, please compile just one binary for Windows with 3D SBS support!

I have a 3D TV and would love to play those games on it, and I think a lot of people would like it too.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!