Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Replication sega my cards

Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:21 pm
An adapter like this?

http://www.smspower.org/forums/15639-CardSlotToCartAdapter
Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:00 am
No. A cart that plugs into the cartridge port that has another cart port on top like Sonic & Knuckles that allows you to dump cart games to MyCards with rewritable memory.
Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:27 am
I put some more of these together today. I tried using double sided adhesive tape (cut by computer) instead of glue this time, which made it much easier to stick the board in. Super glue was ok but if it didn't go in properly the first time round there was no second chance and it went in the bin.

When i get some time to finish machining some more im going to try some transparent yellow and orange plastic and add some LEDs to the board to make it light up. That should be a little different.
20200605_143702.jpg (229.11 KB)
20200605_143702.jpg
20200605_144002.jpg (369.85 KB)
20200605_144002.jpg

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:03 pm
wasup wrote
I put some more of these together today. I tried using double sided adhesive tape (cut by computer) instead of glue this time, which made it much easier to stick the board in. Super glue was ok but if it didn't go in properly the first time round there was no second chance and it went in the bin.

When i get some time to finish machining some more im going to try some transparent yellow and orange plastic and add some LEDs to the board to make it light up. That should be a little different.

Nice work, those are beautiful! And if you are ever interested to sell some I would be happy to purchase and support your efforts.

edit: also, any idea how difficult it would be to adapt these production techniques to make a modern BeeCard for Hudson's MSX BeePack? I think it would be more a curiosity than a popular item given the BeePack was a separately-purchased adapter (similar to Card Catcher on many of the earlier Sega 8-bit systems), but the smaller physical size compared to a standard MSX cartridge is very convenient for storage and transport, and the library of titles that could be released in this form factor on MSX1 is fairly large.
Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:13 am
bsittler wrote

edit: also, any idea how difficult it would be to adapt these production techniques to make a modern BeeCard for Hudson's MSX BeePack? I think it would be more a curiosity than a popular item given the BeePack was a separately-purchased adapter (similar to Card Catcher on many of the earlier Sega 8-bit systems), but the smaller physical size compared to a standard MSX cartridge is very convenient for storage and transport, and the library of titles that could be released in this form factor on MSX1 is fairly large.

I dont think it would be too difficult at all. Was there any extra hardware in the cards? Or just a simple rom of some description?

The hu cards for the pc engine look like a similar layout as well
Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:18 am
wasup wrote
bsittler wrote

I dont think it would be too difficult at all. Was there any extra hardware in the cards? Or just a simple rom of some description?

The hu cards for the pc engine look like a similar layout as well

Yeah it's just a ROM https://www.msx.org/wiki/Hudson_BP-0001
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!