Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - VGM is dead.

Reply to topic
Martin Skog
VGM is dead.
Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:08 pm
VGM is dead.

Just kidding. =)
But it seems so, no new packages, no postings here for a long time... What the heck is this? I want VGM news all the time!! =)

LeRock
Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 10:49 pm
What I would like to see is the music from Asterix, Moonwalker, Wonderboy I & II, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, Sonic II and Shinobi :)

> VGM is dead.

> Just kidding. =)
> But it seems so, no new packages, no postings here for a long time... What the heck is this? I want VGM news all the time!! =)

• Site Admin
Previsions
Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 11:56 pm
Maxim & David, could we build up a list of things left to check and do ?
That includes unfinished packages, and ZD packages to fix up/remake, etc..
Re: Previsions
Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 10:00 pm
> Maxim & David, could we build up a list of things left to check and do ?
> That includes unfinished packages, and ZD packages to fix up/remake, etc..

Sure, I had been thinking of this myself, the VGM packages I currently have on my HD that is unfinished/unreleased is:

- - - - - -

*Fantasy Zone 2 - Noise Channel on Last Boss sounds wrong, Martin try ripping it sample accurate :)

*Penguin Land - Missing end music if there is any?, someone else did a penguin land rip and it's up on zophar but I haven't checked it myself, I'm too lazy :)

*Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - David Bray is working on fixing one up, mine had some timing problems, and all tunes would have to be remade

*Sonic Drift 2 - Not far from finished, 2 tunes left to trim I think, I always kinda forget about finishing this one :(

- - - - - -

I also have some tunes made for Kung Fu Kid, Alex Kidd in High Tech World and Miracle Warriors.And I have the raw tunes (untrimmed) from Streets Of Rage (hmmm, was it SoR 1 & 2). And I'm also working on a top secret project :) which is about 50% done.

About the Zophar tunes I think there only is Baku Baku Animals, Space Harrier and maybe that Penguin Land rip?
ziospriest
about Miracle Warriors
Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 12:19 am
> I also have some tunes made for Kung Fu Kid, Alex Kidd in High Tech World and Miracle Warriors.And I have the raw tunes (untrimmed) from Streets Of Rage (hmmm, was it SoR 1 & 2). And I'm also working on a top secret project :) which is about 50% done.

I also have the Miracle Warriors tunes logged, but I haven't trimmed them yet. Have you got all the songs or are you missing any? I will probably get around to trimming them tommorrow or the next day.

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 1:20 pm
> VGM is dead.

> Just kidding. =)
> But it seems so, no new packages, no postings here for a long time... What the heck is this? I want VGM news all the time!! =)

Well... I got deafening silence in reaction to my FM news posts. I have to say, it sounds much nicer, if a little less familiar to us non-Japanese. I've got Unicode sussed (I think), thanks to a helpful Japanese person. The release of FM stuff just has to wait for Meka to make FM VGMs properly.

VGM optimisation, while quite dull I suppose, is also working great. It can basically throw away about 50% of the data in the VGM because it's unnecessary.

I think people will be eager to get FM sets done. I also have plenty of planned VGM sets - basically for every game I like to play through, which means all of the crappy Disney platformers for a start (I did a lot of raw VGMs for Lucky Dime Caper just before I got going on this FM malarkey). I remember someone mentioned Lemmings recently, I don't know what happened to that but I'd love to see it myself.

As for fixing up ZD sets... I don't know, in my experience it's easier just to re-do the lot from scratch, especially as you really need much longer raw VGMs to trim properly.

If anyone is really eager to do some FM VGMs, email me at the address above, I can send you a plugin and trimmer. Just bear in mind that you'll have to sign my incredibly strict NDA and won't be able to release them, talk about them or even think about them without severe penalties.

:)

Maxim
Re: about Miracle Warriors
Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 5:03 pm
> > I also have some tunes made for Kung Fu Kid, Alex Kidd in High Tech World and Miracle Warriors.And I have the raw tunes (untrimmed) from Streets Of Rage (hmmm, was it SoR 1 & 2). And I'm also working on a top secret project :) which is about 50% done.

> I also have the Miracle Warriors tunes logged, but I haven't trimmed them yet. Have you got all the songs or are you missing any? I will probably get around to trimming them tommorrow or the next day.

I have just a few, the ones played really early, like title, overworld, so please make that VGM package you so I can concentrate on finishing some of the others :)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!