Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Reproduction Game Gear Boxes

Reply to topic
Reproduction Game Gear Boxes
Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm
Hello long time lurker first time poster.

I am looking to make Reproduction game boxes for my Game Gear Games.

The Ni****do collections have the site nintendbox

For those that are not familiar people Scan their box art at about 600dpi its uploaded for Photoshop skilled people to edit and then insert onto a template.

This template is the Printed at home onto 300gsm photo card or at a copy shop and then cut out and stuck together.

I can find nothing online for Sega Collectors.

Does anyone have a Photoshop template of a game gear box?

Here are the dimensions: Face / Back: 11cm wide by 15.5 cm high side slices 2.4 cm wide by 15.5 cm high Slices up / down: 11 cm wide, 2.4 cm High End of the upper tongue (one with rounded edges): 1.5 cm above the tabs on the sides: 1.5 cm high above the tongue, the one with the hole for carrying rays, completely unfolded, 8.5 cm wide, 6.5 cm high.

What do you guys think?
GB-Paperboy(EUR)-Boite-Face_20080418.jpg (2.64 MB)
Example of a box
GB-Paperboy(EUR)-Boite-Face_20080418.jpg

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:09 pm
I believe no such thing exists. We don;t even have a comprehensive scans database to build it from. Having said that, The Cover Project has been scanning and photoshopping GG boxes for a while, but not with the same kind of template system.
Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:03 pm
Maxim wrote
I believe no such thing exists. We don;t even have a comprehensive scans database to build it from. Having said that, The Cover Project has been scanning and photoshopping GG boxes for a while, but not with the same kind of template system.

Hi Maxim,

I am an avid user of the coverproject.net you are spot on. They use DS cases with Artwork placed onto a template and printed, which do the job well.

The quest continues I guess.....
Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:09 pm
fiatbravodriver wrote
Hello long time lurker first time poster.

I am looking to make Reproduction game boxes for my Game Gear Games.

The Ni****do collections have the site nintendbox

For those that are not familiar people Scan their box art at about 600dpi its uploaded for Photoshop skilled people to edit and then insert onto a template.

This template is the Printed at home onto 300gsm photo card or at a copy shop and then cut out and stuck together.

I can find nothing online for Sega Collectors.

Does anyone have a Photoshop template of a game gear box?

Here are the dimensions: Face / Back: 11cm wide by 15.5 cm high side slices 2.4 cm wide by 15.5 cm high Slices up / down: 11 cm wide, 2.4 cm High End of the upper tongue (one with rounded edges): 1.5 cm above the tabs on the sides: 1.5 cm high above the tongue, the one with the hole for carrying rays, completely unfolded, 8.5 cm wide, 6.5 cm high.

What do you guys think?

The subject is old but im up for the challenge if theres still no template available, or if anyone is interested. I think they where 3 variations right? The gray grid frame one, the black box gamegear name on the bottom one and the purple side bar one right?
Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:15 pm
Might create the missing boxes for my Japanese T2 Judgment day and Bart vs the World. Design won't be the issue, a good print and decent cut will.

Also, slightly related, it would be neat if someone could do some cases for Codemasters cartridges in the style of the regular ones.(They'd just need to be slightly longer and almost twice the height/thickness).

Could you 3D print something that resembles the material used in original dust cases?
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!