SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Request to add a country/language flag

Reply to topic
Request to add a country/language flag
Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:34 am
Hi

I just bought a Tec Toy SMS II and it has a box in Argentinian Spanish.

I'll see if I can have it scanned (my scanner only scans up to A4) and uploaded here.

The point is, the box and everything else is in Spanish (Argentina). The difference between Argentinian Spanish nd Spanish (Spain) is similar to the difference between UK and US English or BR and PT Portuguese. So I think the flag should be added if it's not yet available.

BTW is there a list of available country/language flags?

I couldn't find a topic about this, so if anyone wants or needs another flag to be added, we can use this thread.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:11 am
Done.

Note that we don't distinguish en-UK and en-US, but we do distinguish pt-PT and pt-BR; I think because the language differences are greater. I'll take it on trust that es-AR is worth distinguishing.

You can also put AR as a country code now.
Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:00 pm
Differences between Argentinian Spanish and the rest of Latin America and Spain is noticeable. Of course it's the same language and we can understand each other, but there are noticeable differences, including verb conjugation.

But the Argentinean country code, the Spanish (Argentina) and the flag will probably have limited use. Gameland S.A. translated the Master System box and bundled a Sega Club coupon in Spanish (Argentina). But as far as I know, there were no Argentiina releases or game boxes in Spanish (Argentina).

So it's up to you to decide whether it's worth to have the code/flags.

I just received my Tec Toy Master System II today and the weird thing is that the box and the coupons are in Argentinian Spanish, the Alex Kidd Manual is in neutral Spanish (normally used to appeal to all the Latin America market) with Master System III Compact pictures (!), all of them printed by Gameland S. A. But the Misslie Defense 3-D Manual is in Brazilian Portuguese and printed by Tec Toy! Talk about inconsistency.

Off-topic: my Tec Toy SMS II ( = EUR/US SMS 1) has Alex Kidd and Missile Defense 3D built in but every time I turn the console on, it boots Missile Defense 3D. I can't start Alex Kidd. I always thought Alex kidd in Miracle World was the default game and I had to shoot with the Light Phaser to start Missile Defense. But this doesn't seem to be the case with my unit. Maybe it only has MD3D built in and Alex Kidd was bundled in a cartridge that I don't have?

You'll have the manuals and coupons scanned and uplaoded in a short while. The box will be added when I can have it scanned in a copy shop. It's a biiiiiig box and it's not in good shape but I hope it will repaced by a better scan someday. See the attached picture (sorry for the blurry photo)
DSC_1012.JPG (677.36 KB)
Tec Toy Master System II
DSC_1012.JPG

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:07 am
Yes, an Alex Kidd/Missile Defence 3D bundle would have one in a cart and one built in.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!