SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Game Gear to Master System hacks

Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Revo
Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:28 pm
Wesker wrote

What's the way to restore the introductory Sega screen?

It doesn't seem to be removed, but only turned into a black screen somehow. I would like to get it back as it was.

$C000 : 80 0F 00 0F FF 0F

Next time, you just open the GG rom on Meka, pause at the sega screen, look the memory editor, PAL, with a hexa editor you search for the palette on the GG rom, then you look at the same adress on the MS rom, if there is just 00 it's mean that I put black everywhere.

Thanks Maxim I will try to give a look at that.

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:22 pm
Revo wrote
Wesker wrote

What's the way to restore the introductory Sega screen?

It doesn't seem to be removed, but only turned into a black screen somehow. I would like to get it back as it was.

$C000 : 80 0F 00 0F FF 0F

Next time, you just open the GG rom on Meka, pause at the sega screen, look the memory editor, PAL, with a hexa editor you search for the palette on the GG rom, then you look at the same adress on the MS rom, if there is just 00 it's mean that I put black everywhere.

Thanks Maxim I will try to give a look at that.

Ok, thank you.
Revo
Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:57 pm
Today, just a teaser. From a game that I think a lot of people are waiting for on Master System.

There is a blinking problem on most of the level. I hope that it's not something hard to fix.

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:01 pm
Revo wrote
Today, just a teaser. From a game that I think a lot of people are waiting for on Master System.

There is a blinking problem on most of the level. I hope that it's not something hard to fix.

Well, I'm excited. I've been wanting that one for awhile!
Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:15 pm
The problem with Megaman is that some area transitions in levels can be confusing because you can see some kind of fake wall where there's actually an entrance to the next area of the level. And removing all those fake walls from the levels may not be that easy.
Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:25 pm
Another GG2SMS release:
Tails Adventure SMS Release v1

From the readme:

This is the first release of this patch that allows you to play Tails Adventure, a game released in 1995 by SEGA for the Game Gear, on your Master System.

The game works well and is fully playable.
There are some screen artifacts, like the power gauge appearing scrambled on the left side of the screen during gameplay when the power gauge should not be appearing on screen; when it should be appearing on the screen, there is no problem though.

The START button was mapped to Button 2 except during gameplay, where it is mapped to the Pause button.

The patch applies to a ROM image of the Tails Adventure cartridge; as far as I'm aware only one version exists of it, and it was released in all territories (Japan, Europe and USA).

In this archive other than for the IPS format patch, named `tailsadv_sms.ips', you can find the full source code of the injected code snippets that were used to make the patch; this means that if you are technically versed, you can improve the patch yourself.

The archive containing the patch is attached.
Enjoy.
As usual, testers on real hardware would be appreciated!
tailsadv-sms-v1.zip (7.91 KB)
Tails Adventure SMS Release v1

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:36 pm
Now this one's a conversion I was expecting since long!

Thanks nextvolume. I can tell you it works perfectly on real hardware.

One way of fixing the power gauge issue may be moving the indicators to the top left, like it was done in some other conversions like Sonic Triple Trouble, The GG Shinobi and Tempo Jr.
Revo
Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:28 am
Really nice convert' next volume, just 3 stuffs need to be done and then it's perfect. Take off the garbage screen on the map, put black on the left of the screen (like Tempo Jr) and move the ''life bar''.

Here 3 news WIP.

As always Start in configure on down controler 2.

Should work on real hardware, please let me know if it don't.

The games are: Buster Fight, Gunstar Heroes & Tails' Sky Patrol.

Enjoy.
3WIP15.05.zip (563.63 KB)

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:05 pm
Revo, you are definitely the king of GG2SMS conversions. So many games you are aiming for.

Tails Skypatrol is the one that looks best. There's one downside and it's that bottom line of the screen which causes some flickering. Otherwise, it's looking pretty good.

Gunstar Heroes is a sweet game to convert. But I have tested it on console and it doesn't work right. The game keeps reseting after the Treasure logo and before the title screen. On emulators it seems to work perfect though. The Sega logo seems to be blackened in this one (you didn't do it with Tails Skypatrol) but I suppose I can check that out myself like you told me.

Finally, Buster Fight seems to have a couple of graphical glitches, both on console and emulator. The Sega logo seems to be garbled, but I don't know if this is a glitch or it is intended in order to remove it out. But the character select portratis are also garbled, and when you enter a combat, there's some artifacts who fill the borders and wich seem to completely fill all screens from then on (like the title screen, the victory screens or the character select screen, despite these being ok when you boot up the game) and until you reset the game.

By the way, if you want some Game Gear game that seems to work well as a Master System game, try Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge. That one is a similar case to The Itchy and Scratchy Game, probably because it was actually intended for a Master System release but it was eventually cancelled.
Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:40 pm
nextvolume / Revo: Thanks so much for the conversions. As Wesker said, all work great on real hardware, except Gunstar Heroes...it freezes at this screen:

I added all games to my page. I'll also try to start adding them to the SMS power page, but it takes a lot more time then adding them to my site, so I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Revo, I'm so appreciative of your contributions, but is there any way to map Start to pause or a different key combination? When playing on real hardware, it's a bit cumbersome to have two controllers plugged in (or to swap). If not, they're still awesome conversions and I'm really happy you did them!
GunstarWIPv0.1.jpg (28.14 KB)
GunstarWIPv0.1.jpg

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:45 pm
RetroRGB wrote
nextvolume / Revo: Thanks so much for the conversions. As Wesker said, all work great on real hardware, except Gunstar Heroes...it freezes at this screen:

Well, at least you could see a little more of the game. In my case, the game keeps reseting after the Treasure logo and just before the intro starts.

On emulators the game seems to work, although the sky in the first stage is converted to shades of magenta. I don't know if that's a glitch or it is intended to be that way.

RetroRGB wrote
I added all games to my page. I'll also try to start adding them to the SMS power page, but it takes a lot more time then adding them to my site, so I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Some typo corrections in your page if you don't mind. It's "Galaga" and "Gunstar Heroes". Also, the Japanese name of Power Strike II is actually "GG Aleste II" (same with Shinobi, which is "The GG Shinobi").

RetroRGB wrote
Revo, I'm so appreciative of your contributions, but is there any way to map Start to pause or a different key combination? When playing on real hardware, it's a bit cumbersome to have two controllers plugged in (or to swap). If not, they're still awesome conversions and I'm really happy you did them!

Yeah, I also prefer it like that. The ideal thing would be having either "1" or "2" for the title screen start and then "Pause" for the in-game start, like nextvolume did for Tails Adventures.
Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:55 pm
Wesker wrote
Some typo corrections in your page if you don't mind. It's "Galaga" and "Gunstar Heroes". Also, the Japanese name of Power Strike II is actually "GG Aleste II" (same with Shinobi, which is "The GG Shinobi").

Thanks! I've been trying to add these as quickly as possible and must have missed those. Fixed.
Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:08 pm
Well, another one!
Crazy Faces SMS Release v1
This is a GG2SMS conversion of Crazy Faces, a prototype game first dumped and released here back in 2012 (forum topic about the release).
Pretty much everything that is in the game should work.

From the readme:

The game works well and fully playable.
There are no problems I could detect during my limited testing; if there are, let me know.

The Game Gear START button is mapped to Button 2 on the Master System, except during gameplay, when it is mapped to the Master System PAUSE button.

Patch attached.
Test on real hardware and let me know :)
crazyfaces-sms-v1.zip (9.08 KB)
Crazy Faces SMS v1

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:28 pm
nextvolume wrote
Test on real hardware and let me know :)

Works great.
Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:28 pm
Revo wrote
I'm not working on Fatal Fury at the moment 'cause Vingazole want to work on it.

Oh, please be welcome to convert it, I have many other things to do and I probably won't do any GG to SMS conversion before a long time !

The only interesting thing for me with Fatal Fury would be to make the game playable with 2 players ;)
Revo
Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:52 pm
Ok I will maybe post a WIP of Fatal Fury soon.

Today I just need to learn 2 stuffs for complete a lot of conversion. Move the life bar and put black on the left side of the screen (and even right, down and up if it's possible...).

I know about Spiderman & X-men (it's was one of my favourite game on SNES), the conversion is almost complete, just need to move the life bar, and like Itchy & Scratchy no glitch at all.

Some screen here: http://www.slevinproduction.com/mastersystem/spidermanxmen/

And some screen of Itchy and Scratchy here: http://www.slevinproduction.com/mastersystem/itchy&scratchy/

For the start button the way I do it is the most easy and I don't know yet how to map the start somewhere eslse. But I'm sure that a custom controler is not to hard to do.

I added a Bitcoin donation link in my main page. If you like my work, any donation are welcome.

Order will be open on June 21.

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:20 pm
And now,
Pac-Attack SMS Release v1

From the readme:

The game works well, and is playable, but there are some small artifacts:
- garbage on the bottom of the title screen
- at the beginning of the game it says "FOR SEGA GAME GEAR"

These issues may be fixed in a newer release; the tilemaps seem to be compressed and I haven't figured the compression out yet.

Moreover, 2 player versus mode is not supported, because it relied on the Gear-to-Gear cable; it won't be possible to select the option in the main menu.

The Game Gear START button is mapped to Button 2 on the Master System, and does what START used to do on the Game Gear (pause, etc.)

The patch is attached.
As usual, test it on real hardware - I am especially interested about whether this part works: on the main menu, see if it lets you select 2p versus mode. It shouldn't.
pacattack-sms-v1.zip (6.84 KB)

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:49 pm
You don't need to edit compressed tilemaps, you can insert code to write to the tilemap to clean it up after the existing one is written.

I have a Lucky Dime Caper hack that I never finished from some years ago. I was going for perfection, though.
Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:11 pm
Maxim wrote
You don't need to edit compressed tilemaps, you can insert code to write to the tilemap to clean it up after the existing one is written.

Yes, I thought about that. But unfortunately right now my time is limited, and so I use a release often, release early approach.
That's another reason for which I give away my source code - the patch can always be improved by someone else.
Revo
Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:04 am
Today the WIP of Yuu Yuu Hakusho I and the final convert' of Yuu Yuu Hakusho II (there is just garbage screen when you select you player).

Enjoy.

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:13 am
nextvolume wrote
And now,

From the readme:

The game works well, and is playable, but there are some small artifacts:
- garbage on the bottom of the title screen
- at the beginning of the game it says "FOR SEGA GAME GEAR"

These issues may be fixed in a newer release; the tilemaps seem to be compressed and I haven't figured the compression out yet.

Moreover, 2 player versus mode is not supported, because it relied on the Gear-to-Gear cable; it won't be possible to select the option in the main menu.

The Game Gear START button is mapped to Button 2 on the Master System, and does what START used to do on the Game Gear (pause, etc.)

The patch is attached.
As usual, test it on real hardware - I am especially interested about whether this part works: on the main menu, see if it lets you select 2p versus mode. It shouldn't.

It works perfect.

The "NAMCO FOR SEGA GAME GEAR" motto is a typical trademark in Namco games. Galaga 2 and Pac-Man were already converted and had theirs accordingly changed by "NAMCO FOR SEGA MASTER SYSTEM".

If it was a Japanese release (like Galaga '91) then I suppose something like "NAMCOT FOR SEGA MARK III" (the Japanese releases had Namcot instead of Namco) would be more fitting, but Pac-Attack was only released in North America anyway.

Revo wrote
Today the WIP of Yuu Yuu Hakusho I and the final convert' of Yuu Yuu Hakusho II (there is just garbage screen when you select you player).

Enjoy.

Good!

In the first Yuu Yuu Hakusho, do you think it would be possible to expand the character movement in the scenario beyond the Game Gear limits? This is always going to be an issue in beat 'em ups and VS brawlers.

Yuu Yuu Hakusho II is indeed pretty good looking, but it seems that in the title screen the Game Gear "Start" button has been assigned to pressing "down" in controller 1, making difficult to select the different options.
Revo
Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:29 pm
Wesker wrote

Good!

In the first Yuu Yuu Hakusho, do you think it would be possible to expand the character movement in the scenario beyond the Game Gear limits? This is always going to be an issue in beat 'em ups and VS brawlers.

Yuu Yuu Hakusho II is indeed pretty good looking, but it seems that in the title screen the Game Gear "Start" button has been assigned to pressing "down" in controller 1, making difficult to select the different options.

For the first question, I've no idea, maybe you should ask to Vingazole.

I'd did not notice for Yuu Yuu Hakusho II, I will try to fix that ;)

Today, 2 WIP and one final convert'.

The 2 WIP are Cutthroat Island and Kaitou Saint Tail.
Start like always.

The final convert' (exept if you find bug of course) is Soukoban.
No need of start button in this game.

Enjoy.
3games05.17.zip (566.74 KB)

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:30 pm
New conversion,
Pengo SMS Release v1

From the readme:

The game works well, and is playable.
I could find no problems, if there are any, let me know.

The Game Gear START button is mapped to Button 1 on the Master System, and does what START used to do on the Game Gear (pause, etc.)

The patch applies to a ROM image of the European and American version of the Pengo cartridge.

Tell me how it works for you.
pengo-sms-v1.zip (5.43 KB)
Pengo SMS Release v1

Revo
Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:27 pm
Magical Puzzle Popils

No need of Start button, no glitch.

Revo
Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:43 pm
SD Gundam - Winner's History

3 roms available: English, French and Jap.

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:11 am
I searched for the palette in Soukoban to restore the blackened Sega logo, found it at $12200, filled the 00s with 80 0F 00 0F FF 0F like it is in the original Game Gear ROM, and then I had this.

What did I do wrong?

Also, it seems that Cutthroat Island has some weird color issues. The other games (including Soukoban) seem to work pretty fine.
Revo
Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:02 pm
I don't remember putting black on the sega logo of Soukoban, it's a glitch, strange for a game who don't have any other problem.

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:18 pm
Please check the Soukoban ROM you posted. The Sega logo was indeed blackened, so I did the same procedure I had previously done with Buster Ball (because you told me the address) and Gunstar Heroes (this one I did it myself through Meka and despite the conversion not working well), and then I had this glitch with Soukoban. Maybe the conversion garbled the Sega logo?
Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:37 pm
I don't want to turn this into a request thread and impede the cool work you guys are doing but is there any interest in converting Excellent Dizzy Adventures or Double Dragon GG they are pretty unique titles.

Just for reference you can run Chase HQ GG on a SMS/Mega Drive but of course the control doesn't work, I guess that would be an easy fix for you guys.

The reason I tried it was down to Chase HQ SMS not working at 60hz without graphical glitches and I don't think there has ever been a 60hz release apart from Chase HQ on the Game Gear.

Although in saying that I do prefer the original status bar on the SMS version compared to the Game Gear one.

Anyway, cool project guys I hope you manage to convert more titles. I know a few more people on IRC who are watching with interest. :)
Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:08 pm
I tested and can confirm Wesker's findings: All games released in the past few days play fine on real hardware, except Soukoban: There's garbage all over the screen, all the time.

That means out of all the patches available, all work on real hardware except Gunstar Heroes and Soukoban. Great work!
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:52 pm
As I said on the other thread, Excellent Dizzy Collection is not immediately convertible because it uses a feature not present in the Sega mapper: paging the entirety of ROM. However, the sub-games could be adapted separately. It runs in SMS mode so all the GG2SMS stuff is irrelevant there.

In general, if people are happy with sub-TecToy standards of conversion from GG to SMS, any game can be converted. Making the games fullscreen and garbage-free is very hard if they're not already doing it under the covers.
Revo
Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:27 pm
Wesker do you have also garbage screen with Soukoban on real hardware during the game? It's strange 'cause the game work fine on MEKA. I will try to do the conversion again from the beginning.

Like I don't have real hardware your test are much appreciate RetroRGB & Wesker.

For Gunstar Heroes I was thinking that I forgot a GG port, but it's not the case so I really don't know why it's crashing on real hardware.

Revo
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:04 pm
Slider v1

No glitch, start on down controller 2.
Slider v1.zip (52.63 KB)

Revo
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:47 pm
Soukoban v1.1

Ok, this version should work fine on real hardware, please let me know.
No glitch, no need of start button.
Soukoban v1.1.zip (45.21 KB)

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:19 pm
Last edited by Wesker on Tue May 20, 2014 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Revo wrote
Wesker do you have also garbage screen with Soukoban on real hardware during the game? It's strange 'cause the game work fine on MEKA. I will try to do the conversion again from the beginning.

Like I don't have real hardware your test are much appreciate RetroRGB & Wesker.

Thanks to you for working in so many conversions.

The first version of Soukoban you posted, that one worked right for me at least. The only thing that was garbled was the Sega logo (and that was after I removed the black screen which was hiding it), everything else was working well.

Now this new version has everything working perfect, including the Sega logo. And Slider works well too.

Revo wrote
For Gunstar Heroes I was thinking that I forgot a GG port, but it's not the case so I really don't know why it's crashing on real hardware.

Maybe someone like vingazole could know what exactly is the issue. In my console tests the game keeps resetting after the Treasure logo and it only seems to work in emulators.
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:22 pm
Since there's people bringing ideas on conversions, this is just a question on my part and not a request. Is anyone planning to convert either Battletoads or Ristar?

Battletoads supposedly has a unreleased Master System prototype (it's not Battlemaniacs I'm refering to, it's Battletoads), but I suppose it's easier to have a GG2SMS conversion rather than finding that Master System prototype.
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:35 pm
Soukoban v1.1 works - You fixed it! Slider also works on real hardware.

Edit: I also added it to the SMSPower hacks page, since there are now multiple revisions of the patch and my site is only set up to handle one rev at a time. I'll start adding them all soon, I've just been busy.
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:01 pm
Im with you wesker, im definetly keen on a conversion of Ristar and I have a mate who is as well :)
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:01 pm
Slider looks weird, it seems to load wrong vertical slices of the level at the sides, outside from the Game Gear width.
Revo
Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:39 pm
Battletoads is full of garbage in game.

I've a WIP of Ristar but it's too glitchy right now for a public version.

Glad for Soukoban.

Gunstar Heroes WIP v0.2

-should work on real hardware.
-less garbage screen.
-bug with the color of the sky fix.

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:57 pm
I just tested Gunstar Heroes and I couldn't get it to work on my hardware - Right before you get to the actual gameplay, it goes to a black screen.

Wesker, can you confirm? Maybe it's just my setup?
Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:12 am
Last edited by nextvolume on Wed May 21, 2014 9:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Battletoads SMS Release v1
From the readme:

The game works well, and is playable.
There is garbage outside the center of the screen (where the Game Gear screen used to be), but it doesn't affect gameplay.

The Game Gear START button is mapped to Button 1 on the Master System, except during gameplay, where it is mapped to the Pause button.

Let me know how this works on real hardware.
By the way, Ristar is a bit tricky to convert quickly at first glance - for instance it uses the same unrolled loop full of OUTI's instructions not just to update the palette RAM but also to update other VDP-related things.

Some weeks ago I, too, was attempting a conversion of Ristar but left it lingering on my hard drive - except for the issue I've mentioned, which caused video corruption at the beginning of a level, it was mostly complete.
battletoads-sms-v1.zip (6.73 KB)
Battletoads SMS Release v1

Revo
Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:13 am
Maybe this one work^^ If not I will wait to come back to home to see the problem.

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:26 am
nextvolume - Battletoads works great.

Revo - I'm very sorry, but the same thing happened: Froze right before the actual game starts. Hopefully Wesker can doublecheck for us.

Patches added / updated.
Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am
Last edited by Wesker on Wed May 21, 2014 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Revo, unfortunately I'm still having the same issues with both versions of Gunstar Heroes. The 0.2 version has a little graphical glitch when the Treasure logo is fading in, then it shows a green screen and then the game frozes with a black screen. The 0.2a behaves the same as the initial version: the game keeps resetting after the Treasure logo. It even tries to load the intro (there's a little part of the music played roughly a second) but then it goes back to the Sega screen (which is blackened). Oh well, at least the sky in the first stage looks nicer now, when played in emulators I mean. Thanks for trying, Revo.

nextvolume, many thanks for converting Battletoads! I always wished for a Master System version of Battletoads, aside from Battletoads in Battlemaniacs. It's true there's garbage outside the screen, but I don't care (the flickering on the top of the screen disturbs a little more, in any case). To polish up this one a little maybe it would be possible to turn all the screen garbage into black and remove the flicker, but I don't know how easy or hard this would be. I'm happy to have the game on the Master System at least, until that Master System prototype appears some day (if it ever does).
Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:59 am
Heh, I thought it was palette corruption at the end of Level 1.
Turns out it's meant to be exactly like that, I didn't know that because I never played Battletoads before converting it; so there are no problems with colors with the Battletoads SMS conversion..

Anyway, about the garbage outside the center of the screen I'll see what I can do.
Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:52 am
Wesker wrote
Revo, unfortunately I'm still having the same issues with both versions of Gunstar Heroes. The 0.2 version has a little graphical glitch when the Treasure logo is fading in, then it shows a green screen and then the game frozes with a black screen. The 0.2a behaves the same as the initial version: the game keeps resetting after the Treasure logo. It even tries to load the intro (there's a little part of the music played roughly a second) but then it goes back to the Sega screen (which is blackened).

Try tapping start (down on controller 2) as soon as you see the Treasure logo. Just keep tapping Start and see if you get farther. On an emulator, doing this brings me right to the game. On a real SMS, I get past the title menu's, then it freezes.
Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:55 am
Last edited by Wesker on Wed May 21, 2014 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
nextvolume wrote
Heh, I thought it was palette corruption at the end of Level 1.
Turns out it's meant to be exactly like that, I didn't know that because I never played Battletoads before converting it; so there are no problems with colors with the Battletoads SMS conversion..

Anyway, about the garbage outside the center of the screen I'll see what I can do.

Oh right, I didn't know what you were talking about and I thought you meant the Ristar conversion.

Yeah, don't worry, it's just that the Stage 2 Wookie Hole scenario looks like that. The game seems to work perfectly aside from the garbage outside the Game Gear field of view and that fickering on the top of the screen.

RetroRGB wrote
Wesker wrote
Revo, unfortunately I'm still having the same issues with both versions of Gunstar Heroes. The 0.2 version has a little graphical glitch when the Treasure logo is fading in, then it shows a green screen and then the game frozes with a black screen. The 0.2a behaves the same as the initial version: the game keeps resetting after the Treasure logo. It even tries to load the intro (there's a little part of the music played roughly a second) but then it goes back to the Sega screen (which is blackened).

Try tapping start (down on controller 2) as soon as you see the Treasure logo. Just keep tapping Start and see if you get farther. On an emulator, doing this brings me right to the game. On a real SMS, I get past the title menu's, then it freezes.

Nah, doing that only gets me to a black screen which freezes the game. Funnily enough, if I don't touch anything, the game keeps permanently resetting after the Treasure logo.

I have also removed the Sega logo blackness in both versions and now the 0.2 version behaves pretty much the same than the 0.2a (before, the 0.2 version just frozen after the Treasure logo and didn't reset the game like the 0.1 and 0.2a versions), so I don't know if that makes a difference.
Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:57 am
Wesker wrote
Nah, doing that only gets me to a black screen which freezes the game. Funnily enough, if I don't touch anything, the game keeps permanently resetting after the Treasure logo.

Right, that's exactly what's happening to me. Glad it's confirmed and it's not just me.
Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:06 pm
By the way, RetroRGB, don't forget to add the Galaga 2 patch here. I thought it was in the same download entry of Galaga '91 but it seems not.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!