Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - where do u guys learn all this stuff?

Reply to topic
hooger
where do u guys learn all this stuff?
Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 12:53 pm
this stuff seems so interesting that i wanna learn how, but i don't know where to start. Anyone up for giving me some pointers on where to start and what to start with and what i should be learning as we speak. I'm goin to college for computer programming analist soon in sept. I know this will help, but to what degree? i know i'm askin for alot here however any info you can give me would be more then appreciated.

thanx

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 3:10 pm
> this stuff seems so interesting that i wanna learn how, but i don't know where to start.

What stuff in particular? Hardware hacking? Homebrew rom programming? Emulator programming?

> Anyone up for giving me some pointers on where to start and what to start with and what i should be learning as we speak.

Hardware hacking: I dunno. How to solder maybe.
Homebrew roms: Z80 assembler from out-of-print books, and every byte in the docs section.
Emulator programming: C and Win32 assembler.

> I'm goin to college for computer programming analist soon in sept. I know this will help, but to what degree?

Well, knowing C and C++ will probably help. Tell someone you're a whizz with Z80 assembler and they'll frown and look at you like you're strange. Tell them you're an expert on late-80s Sega games hardware and they'll probably laugh...

Maxim
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!