Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Semi OT: New gym2mid version 0.8 and Updated PS1J - > English Re-translation

Reply to topic
Semi OT: New gym2mid version 0.8 and Updated PS1J - > English Re-translation
Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2001 7:15 am
Hello,

The title says it all. Let me know what you think of the new versions.

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2001 4:14 pm
> Hello,

> The title says it all. Let me know what you think of the new versions.

Hey, did you work out patch changing to different instruments?
I know this might be hard to do, but if you could work out a way of getting it to change patch to a similar MIDI instrument, it would be cool.. if any of that made sense :)

~unfnknblvbl
Consolemu
Patch Changes
Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2001 5:44 pm
Not to say that it's impossible, but it's going to take a lot of work and a lot of listening to judge every possible type of sound created by the genesis FM and then find an instrument that sounds similar. Unlike Midi, which has a fixed set of instrument sounds, Genesis FM uses options that enables it to generate distinct or custom sounds on the fly. Like, if you wanted to hear a track in midi to sound like a piano, you select Patch #0, 1, 2, or 3. In Genesis there is no patch. You have to modify settings to create your own patch and then assign that to your track. And since you get to create your own patch, there's nearly an infinite range of unique sounds since there's so many options needed to create your own sounds. That's why at this point, it's almost better to simply read the patch changes done by GYM2Mid and simply select the instruments that sound close to the real genesis.

Chris :o)

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!