SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Niftyness!

Reply to topic
b_baggins
Niftyness!
Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2001 12:13 am
Hello, I'd like to introduce myself, and hopefully get acquainted with some of the members of the board -- I hope to be spending lots of time here learning the basics of S8-bits dev'ing. I'm b_baggins, my interests are mostly composed of computers, and playing/programming classic Sega systems. I listen to the Beatles while programming, and am a somewhat retro kind of guy.

I know a little of assembly for the x86 processors, so I won't bug anyone about Z80 tutorials, plus I have already found Z80 books at my local public library =) as they only stock ancient computer books.

However, I do have a few questions to ask of Mike G, if he wouldn't mind answering. I have found two good sites here, and here for developer cartridges. Both use EPROMs, and I was wondering if you had heard of the Batronix' EPROM programmer was of any renown, and if you'd recommend building it, as opposed to another one. It appears to be compatible with all up to 4mbit EPROMs, I just wasn't sure if it was worth its salt, so to speak, or if there was another one that's cheaper and easier to assemble. Any links, answers or anything would be appreciated, but aren't demanded or expected.

Thanks a lot in advance!

b_baggins

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!