Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Space Armor (OMV/JP), Sonic & Tails [Demo] (GG/JP) and more

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Space Armor (OMV/JP), Sonic & Tails [Demo] (GG/JP) and more
Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:01 am
Five new dumps today!

Released in 1984 and second to last dedicated cartridge by Tsukuda Original, Space Armor (スペースアーマー) for the Othello Multivision is an obscure old-wave vertical shooting game. OMV cartridges are fully compatible with SG-1000.

Space Armor was the last original SG-1000 Japanese game missing a dump and its been long requested by fans. As it happens, Othello Multivision games not only being very difficult to find exists in different boxing variations (big silver boxes, small black boxes, small silver boxes) : Space Armor has both "small black box" and "small silver box" releases and we included two dumps here.

We had a dump of Sonic & Tails Sample Cartridge for the Game Gear. Labelled "ソニック&テイルス 実演用 サンプル" (Sonic & Tails Jitsuenyou Sample) and held in a white labelled cartridge likely given to game shops, this build of the game happens to be different from the retail version. Sonic hackers will probably end up finding out in extreme details what kind of difference this version has!
This cartridge has been bought and donated by the No-Intro.org community, huge thanks going to them for the help!

I am almost done going thru the Japanese Game Gear library, and among my recently acquired games found a new dump for T2: The Arcade Game (T2ザ・アーケードゲーム) for the Game Gear, which is different from the build used in other regions. In Acclaim caring tradition, the game has in-game text in English although it is a Japanese cartridge.

Finally and for completeness we have Nazo Puyo [v1] (なぞぷよ [v1]) for the Game Gear, an extremely minor header variation of the ROM image.

I will be flying to Taiwan next week, take a bus, wander thru swamp and jungle with huge plastic boots, eat good food and eventually should get access to a large lot of SG-1000 "Aaronix" and Sega Mark III game clones from Taiwan. If I return alive from this exciting adventure we can expect many many new dumps!
  • Site Admin
Temporary Transitional Attachment Fairy
Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 am
This message will auto destruct itself someday.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:40 pm
Thanks so much for this! I've been curious about Space Armor for a while now, so it's great to finally be able to play it.

Mostly it seems straightforward (and suffers from the dreaded "music disappears whenever you shoot" syndrome), but what do those multicolored panels do? It seems like I'm trying to solve an unseen Rubik's Cube using bombs, but maybe it's just something you shoot for points and not some obscure 1980s-Japanese-game style puzzle...
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!