SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Sega 8-bit summer of dumps: Game Gear variations

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Sega 8-bit summer of dumps: Game Gear variations
Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:33 am
Summer days last longer, and this is our second set of releases for today. Also check FA Tetris (SMS/KR), Flicky [v1] (SG/JP) posted earlier.

I went on and decided to unload a bunch of common Game Gear variations left unreleased. Nothing particularly super thrilling but for the sake of completeness this is a welcomed update. Let's see what we have:

- Fantasy Zone (US) for the Game Gear (previously released dump is from JP/EU cartridge),
- James Pond II - Codename: Robocod (EU) for the Game Gear (previously released dump is from US cartridge)
- Master of Darkness (EU) for the Game Gear (previously released dumps are from JP/US cartridges, bearing different names)
- Road Rash (EU) for the Game Gear (previously released dump is from US cartridge)

Also adding to this two dumps I intended to release as well, but which apparently already made their way out to the internet through other people. I'm adding the dumps here to increase their exposure.

- Pac-Man (US) for the Game Gear (previously released dump was from JP cartridge).
- Wonder Boy (EU) for the Game Gear (previously released dumps are from JP/US/BR cartridges, US/BR bearing the "Revenge of Drancon" name).
  • Site Admin
Temporary Transitional Attachment Fairy
Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:48 am
This message will auto destruct itself someday.
road_rash-gg-eu.zip (293.01 KB)
pac_man-gg.zip (20.56 KB)
wonder_boy-gg-eu.zip (77.51 KB)

Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:53 pm
I updated my mirror with all these releases, and I have to ask, how is the new "james_pond_II_codename_robocod-gg-eu.zip" different from the existing "james_pond_II_codename_robocod-gg-ue.zip"? I find it weird that one is "eu" and one is "ue".
Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:22 pm
I think the old one should have been 'us' and not 'ue', given that Bock says it came from a us cart...
Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:34 pm
etabeta wrote
I think the old one should have been 'us' and not 'ue', given that Bock says it came from a us cart...
Yes, that's what I guessed, too. But since I wasn't sure I thought to ask :)
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:10 am
Yes sorry. Earlier pages had lots of innacuracies due to missing knowledge and games.
Right now the only correct source of information are the dumping logs and the latest MEKA.NAM file that you can grab from SVN:
svn://svn.smspower.org/meka/trunk/meka/meka.nam
But we are working on transitionning this information to the site bit a bit and eventually switching to a more emulator-neutral file format to describe it.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!