SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - dZ80 sms opcode map?

Reply to topic
AUX
dZ80 sms opcode map?
Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2001 9:50 pm
I was trying out the dZ80 disassmbler and it mentioned a feature where it could use an opcode map file to skip segments of data in a file.
It only comes with such a map file for a Spectrum example file. If anyone's familiar with this feature of dZ80, can anyone tell me if there's any sega 8bit emu that can produce these opcode maps?

I'm not experienced in asm (or disasm...) so if there's better options than dZ80, let me know.

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2001 10:14 pm
> I was trying out the dZ80 disassmbler and it mentioned a feature where it could use an opcode map file to skip segments of data in a file.
> It only comes with such a map file for a Spectrum example file. If anyone's familiar with this feature of dZ80, can anyone tell me if there's any sega 8bit emu that can produce these opcode maps?

Nope. That's an interesting idea, though: the emulator could keep a running account of all the addresses that it has fetched opcodes out of, and use that to build a map of what is an opcode and what isn't. Then you could just play all the way through a game and figure the resulting map will cover probably at least 95% of the actual program code.

> I'm not experienced in asm (or disasm...) so if there's better options than dZ80, let me know.

as good as any I guess.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!