Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Home Basic (SC/JP), Chouon Senshi Borgman [Proto] (SMS/JP), Alien 3 (GG/JP), Ecco the Dolphin (GG)

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Home Basic (SC/JP), Chouon Senshi Borgman [Proto] (SMS/JP), Alien 3 (GG/JP), Ecco the Dolphin (GG)
Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:26 pm
Tada! Happy new roms to prepare you for end of summer!

1985's Home Basic for the SC-3000 (ホームベージック) is a revamped version of Sega Basic, packaged with three demonstration software: a shooting game, a text-based calculator program and a sprite pattern editor. I am actually unsure about how to save the patterns which makes it of cute dubious use (there is maybe a way, I don't have a manual for this cartridge). Other than that, Basic is your way to freedom and creativity. Maybe try to make something for it ?

1988's Chouon Senshi Borgman [Proto] for the Master System (超音戦士 ボーグマン), in a Japanese prototype version. Known in the west as Cyborg Hunter, this competent and charmful action game with a pinch of adventure, in the vein of Zillion, is quite a classic. This prototype was obtained from an old stash of Mark III prototypes from an unknown source, not sure of the differences with final version.

1992's Alien³ for the Game Gear (エイリアン3), in its Japanese release, an unsuspected decent action game.

Last and least, 1993's Ecco the Dolphin for the Game Gear - why you ask? As it turn out, the version previously available on the internet, circa 1996-ish, has a bit of data wrong that is fixed here. I confirmed this one on both US and European releases. Note however that I'm not 100% sure that isn't a cartridge around with the so-called incorrect bit, if one eventually shows up the information will be corrected, but for now it seems statistically plausible that there is only one US/EU version of the game, and you have it now.
Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:20 pm
Great job! That BASIC came pretty unexpected. But I'm not oldschool enough to code something ;)

The fixed Ecco was already included in the last goodgg as a result of an US cart dumping spree. Still good to see this confirmed.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!