Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Tarzan - Lord of the Jungle (GG), Shanghai [Proto] (SMS), Smurfs Travel the World, The [Proto] (SMS)

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Tarzan - Lord of the Jungle (GG), Shanghai [Proto] (SMS), Smurfs Travel the World, The [Proto] (SMS)
Post Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:36 pm
Three releases today, just in time to avoid a two month gap without releases :)

First we have the very rare Tarzan - Lord of the Jungle for Game Gear, late and elusive 1994 release. Just are ugly as it is rare, Tarzan is another of those blend occidental platformer with tons of enemies and not one pattern worth remembering. Cure yourself with a bit of Wonder Boy or Alex Kidd after playing! Thanks for Brynaldo for lending his copy for dumping.

Next we have a Shanghai [Prototype] for the Master System (上海). Early puzzle classic, despite its average production value it's a game always worth playing and addicting. This prototype was spotted and obtained from US.

Last but not least, of limited play interest but quite surprising, we have a The Smurfs Travel the World [Prototype] for the Master System obtained from a source close to the original developer. It's worth mentionning for those who don't know that The Smurfs Travel the World is the last European Master System game to have been released and in extremely limited quantity. The prototype, a near or post final version, has a label dating the ROM "12 October 1996". More pictures of the board in this thread.
Post Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:52 pm
Thank you for Tarzán's game. This game I had it and it was very difficult because it was necessary to search objects and they had a little time to do it.

PD: how can I download the game in http: // www.smspower.org/protect/tarzan_lord_of_the_jungle-gg.zip? I wrote my nick and my password and cannot continue.

Regards from Spain.

EDIT:

I obtain the rom in the 2nd mirror. Thanks again.
Post Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:30 am
Tarzan's much faster in the Game Boy version.
Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:47 am
CRV wrote
Tarzan's much faster in the Game Boy version.

Use Meka emulator, works slow in other emulators like Kega Fusion.
Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:35 pm
Just wondering, is Tarzan using the same engine as Earthworm Jim? The HUD looks similar, with the stretched, blocky icons.
Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:08 am
ICEknight wrote
Just wondering, is Tarzan using the same engine as Earthworm Jim? The HUD looks similar, with the stretched, blocky icons.

It appears to me it is. Since Tarzan is apparently earlier, the correct way of saying it is "Does earthworm jim use the same engine as Tarzan". :)
Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:28 pm
Both games were developed by Eurocom, Earthworm Jim for Playmates and Tarzán for GameTek, because this reason looks similar.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!