SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Wanted: broken GG

Reply to topic
Jordan
Wanted: broken GG
Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:50 am
So this is a bit of a weird one. I'm looking for a broken game gear, but the malfunction I want is very specific.

The story is that I'm working on a circuit bending project that involves hacking both GG cartridges and some portions of the main board. While testing out a cartridge reader + bending interface I built a few days I ago, I accidentally sent pin one to [SOME UNKNOWN LOCATION ON THE BOARD]. I was sure that I had bricked it completely, especially since I saw the wire actually spark, but upon disconnecting everything and turning the GG back on it ended up producing this crazy video signal. By shorting out different parts of the board I was able to alter the signal and... blah blah blah the long and short of it is that for my purposes the "broken" GG performed better after I blew it up with the 1.21 gigawatts.

Unfortunately I managed to fry it again last night and now it's completely dead. I want it back. the video it was producing with no alterations save the initial shock of +34 volts was basically a lot of phasing colored vertical bands. Unfortunately I have no pictures of it. If you have a busted GG that is exhibiting similar symptoms, I'd love to look at a picture of it and buy it if it looks like the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:41 pm
Where do you live? I MAY have one that has this problem. I will have to throw some caps back in it to check. (I am only keen to get them 100% working again)
Jordan
Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:26 pm
I live in California in the LA area. I'd pay all shipping expenses obviously.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!