Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Fullscreen without interpolation in LCD monitors

Reply to topic
Fullscreen without interpolation in LCD monitors
Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:58 am
I've using the latest version of MEKA and i'm wondering whether it's possible to get no interpolation when playing in fullscreen.

My monitor supports 1280x1024, and when i set the emulator to run in fullscreen, the image is a little bit blurry.

In windowed mode, the graphics are sharp.

I've tried playing around with the blitters, but no success.

Is there a way to get no interpolation in fullscreen mode when playing in high resolutions?
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:50 am
The best you can do at the moment is to use 512x384 with the double blitter. To achieve what you want, Meka needs a 4x blitter - which is probably not too hard to write, but it's not there yet.
Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:09 am
I have had the same issues, but with fullscreen the windows taskbar flickers which is very annoying, I will delete my meka.cfg file and see if that fixes the issue.
Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:24 pm
Maxim wrote
The best you can do at the moment is to use 512x384 with the double blitter. To achieve what you want, Meka needs a 4x blitter - which is probably not too hard to write, but it's not there yet.

thanks.

Do you mean that by doing this, i can achieve 512x384 resolution without that small interpolation in fullscreen mode?How do i configure it?

I'd tried something before but the changes i've made to configuration file didn't seem to cause any effect in fullscreen mode.

Jacko wrote
I have had the same issues, but with fullscreen the windows taskbar flickers which is very annoying...

Weird...in fullscreen, there shouldn't be any windows' trace showing up.Only game's screen and nothing more
Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:53 pm
i've "fixed" the problem by using "directx_win" driver, choosing a higher resolution, and using "stretch" in order to make window follows game's screen.If you don't use "stretch", the window's size is always the same, even if you choose a higher resolution, what makes you see only a part of game's screen inside the window, instead seeing the whole screen.

It wasn't exactly what i wanted, cause i expected to obtain such results but in fullscreen mode (DOS mode).

However, since the above configuration gives bigger game's screen without interpolation, it's a excellent choice.

A suggestion for a future release:

-Currently, when user plays in GUI mode, game window is very small in high resolutions (i have a LCD monitor, and i'm forced to use 1280x1024).
GUI is one of the best things in MEKA, also for its tools like memory editor and tiles viewer.But playing in GUI mode as well as using tools isn't so good due to small game screen.
You could implement a customizable game windows' size in GUI mode, so that users could adjust the window to a larger size, making it more comfortable.
It would be cool if game window could also go out of GUI: for example, in my 1280x1024 monitor, i could set the GUI's resolution to 640x480, game window to 800x600, and i could drag the game window outside GUI.Currently, game window is bound to GUI.

It would give more freedom to the user.

Thanks for your attention
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!