Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Time for a new SMS tech doc?

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Time for a new SMS tech doc?
Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 10:13 pm
I'm thinking it's time for a new tech doc for the SMS and family that incorporates some of the new information discovered since the last release of the Richard Talbot-Walkins document, including bits and pieces distributed in some of the other docs, like the SMSARCH and VDP documentation, and things that I haven't seen documented other than here.

Does anyone want to get involved in sucha project?
Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 10:59 pm
> I'm thinking it's time for a new tech doc for the SMS and family that incorporates some of the new information discovered since the last release of the Richard Talbot-Walkins document, including bits and pieces distributed in some of the other docs, like the SMSARCH and VDP documentation, and things that I haven't seen documented other than here.

I think this is a good idea. There are a number of things (GG serial port, odd peripherals, Codemasters games) that would make ideal material for such a document.

IMO, I'd like to have my VDP doc linked to rather than be incorporated, so any updates and bug fixes wouldn't make the tech doc out of date. (err.. I mean incorrect)

> Does anyone want to get involved in sucha project?

Count me in. If you need material I do have a file on my homepage that covers some quirks like FM chip detection, territory detection, GG stereo sound, and the lowdown on mirrored memory.
Not sure if it's common knowledge however.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 11:21 pm
I can help too.

Who wants to lead this project?

--
Eric Quinn
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!