Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Compilers for z80..

Reply to topic
Lighter
Compilers for z80..
Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2000 10:19 pm
Which compilers compile code for z80 ??
i only have found assembler ones, (unfortunatelly i don't know assembler...:( ), there is any, C/C++, Basic, Java, or anything else for z80 ?

<-- Lighter -->

• Site Admin
q
Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2000 10:27 pm
> Which compilers compile code for z80 ??
> i only have found assembler ones, (unfortunatelly i don't know assembler...:( ), there is any, C/C++, Basic, Java, or anything else for z80 ?

There was a thread about this a couple pages down (which degenerated into something less than a discussion, but anyway...)

There is something called ZCC which is a c compiler for z80 processors, but I don't know where to find it. It would have to be modified to work with the SMS or other z80 based sega systems (if that's what you're curious about), and there still wouldn't be any libraries available fot it. I doubt you'll find any or C++ compilers for z80, and certainly no Java.
There are certainly basic compilers than run on z80 based system, but they'll be very specific to the system they run on.

There is a basic interpreter for the SC-3000, however. It's poorly documented at this time, but that may change in the future.
Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2000 4:36 pm
> Which compilers compile code for z80 ??
> i only have found assembler ones, (unfortunatelly i don't know assembler...:( ), there is any, C/C++, Basic, Java, or anything else for z80 ?

There's also the FreeSDK compiler for the Avigo.. It would probably require a small amount of changes.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!