Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Wide Gear (GG output to TV)

Reply to topic
Wide Gear (GG output to TV)
Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 7:31 pm
I remember a while back Zoop posted a picture of a developer's Game Gear he has which has TV output (this was either here or in the SMS email list). I'd like to have a go at replicating the circuitboard, but now I can't find the picture.
I did find another picture at Sly DC's website, though, to my memory, it seems smaller than Zoop's picture and thus not as helpful. Zoop, would you send the picture to me again? Now that I have my 4.5 mm security bit... Thanks everyone! ^_^

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 7:51 pm
> I remember a while back Zoop posted a picture of a developer's Game Gear he has which has TV output (this was either here or in the SMS email list). I'd like to have a go at replicating the circuitboard, but now I can't find the picture.
> I did find another picture at Sly DC's website, though, to my memory, it seems smaller than Zoop's picture and thus not as helpful. Zoop, would you send the picture to me again?

Well, I just compared both mine and Sly DC's pictures and his picture is really much better.
I might be able to do a better one, though, if you feel like replicating the circuit (a crazy task).

Mine is number 000105, by the way. So it's older than Sly DC's 000107 ;-)
No mention of "wide gear" on it, also. I don't know where does he found that name.

>Now that I have my 4.5 mm security bit... Thanks everyone! ^_^

hehe :)
Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 12:07 am
> Well, I just compared both mine and Sly DC's pictures and his picture is really much better.
> I might be able to do a better one, though, if you feel like replicating the circuit (a crazy task).

Whatever you can manage would be great. Yeah, yeah, I know, it's crazy!! But I have some spare time for a few weeks.

> Mine is number 000105, by the way. So it's older than Sly DC's 000107 ;-)
> No mention of "wide gear" on it, also. I don't know where does he found that name.

Well, I need to go through my Electronic Gaming archive (all 2 issues; still a daunting task, given their girth) and find the little blurb that Sly DC also recalls. I always thought I dreamt the whole Wide Gear up, but now I know I am not insane! Well, except for trying to replicate one on my own I am not insane...
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!