Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Regarding Covers and Manuals

Reply to topic
Regarding Covers and Manuals
Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:55 pm
I have been collecting Sega Master Games for awhile now and have a questions regarding the scans of the stie. Maybe two titles in my collection have no cover and three titles don't have the front cover of their manual. Now i see that they have been scanned and are on the site. My questions are, is it alright to print them and use the ones i need to kinda make my games feel complete? If so is there any specific paper people use that comes close to feelign like the original paper that was used? The same questions go for the manuals. Like has anyone maybe replaced the title cover of a game and if so how did you do it? Any help I would be greatful for. Also if anyone can provide a printer that does amazing pictures and text that would also be helpful.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:58 pm
Our scans are at viewing resolution. If you print them they will appear blocky or blurry. This is hard to avoid without using very large ~300dpi scans. You will never achieve the metallic gridlines from the original boxes.

You will probably find you need a few trial runs to get the right size for the box, printers are never very much to scale.

I suggest getting glossy photo paper and see what you can come up with. The quality will never match a real cover, if you want to be complete you have to buy another copy of those games you don't have covers for.
Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:34 am
is it possible for someone who owns the two games i need to scan the cover this way i try and get the best possible image? i know i would have to find soemone with the games but is that a possiblity?
Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:26 am
squall280 wrote
is it possible for someone who owns the two games i need to scan the cover this way i try and get the best possible image? i know i would have to find soemone with the games but is that a possiblity?
Well, what are the games? ;)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!