SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - What a maroooooon.

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
What a maroooooon.
Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2000 6:02 pm
I just noticed that in the tetracycline source code, I don't save the contents of the a register and status flags before I trash them in the NMI (pause) interrupt handler.

it's just

.org $66
ld a,(PauseFlag)
xor $1 ;Just a quick toggle
ld (PauseFlag),a
retn

And I also have "If this source code is helpful, I'd like to here."

Bleh. What a good excuse to start working on it again.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2000 8:49 pm
plus I clear out 64kb of vram at the beginning. Probably doesn't harm anything, but it's still bad form.
I am very interested !!!
Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2000 9:08 pm
Actually not..

But I everytime feel ashamed when a post that deserve answers doesn't get any.
Well, I guess that's simply because no one has something to say or to add.
Keep faith, guys.
  • Site Admin
I am from Honduras!!!
Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2000 9:28 pm
> Actually not..

> But I everytime feel ashamed when a post that deserve answers doesn't get any.

Deserves an answer? No, not really.
It's more of a public announcement for anyone who might be reading the code to learn from it, or is basing something on its source code. I suspect nobody is doing -anything- with the source code except maybe scrolling through it quickly once before deleting it, but you never know.

Besides, I just realized I'm dead wrong about the VRAM part; itclears 64 pages like it should. Serves me right for pulling dumb little tricks like:

ld a,$40
out ($bf),a ;VDP <- $4000, beginning of VRAM (in write mode)
ld c,a ;instead of ld c,$40

on a routine that executes only one time. And only on powerup or after a reset, shaving 3 whole cycles (.00000000075 seconds!) off my startup time.
Oh, and I save a byte, and in exchange I confuse myself or break code when I change something and forget that I'm depending on some register to contain a certain value....
Why did you say this ? ;)
Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2000 10:41 pm
>Deserves an answer? No, not really.
> It's more of a public announcement for anyone who might be reading the code to learn from it, or is basing something on its source code. I suspect nobody is doing -anything- with the source code except maybe scrolling through it quickly once before deleting it, but you never know.

Scrolling through source codes and trashing it afterwards... Other peoples source codes are a real gold mine! The way I learn stuff is by looking and trying to understand ther code. For exemple, every question I ask here and get a good answer I keep it (or them) in a huge "texts" folder on my hd for future reference... You guys don't reply in vain. I'd like again to thank all of you guys who help me in my programming endavour :)

Disclammer : If any of you guys got any source code you'd like to share with me, please send it (or them) to me by email (so it's not waisting space here). Any source code will be of great use for me, as even a spreadsheet prog you've written will contain coding in it that will be helpfull.....

Thank you.
Forgot the most important thing...
Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2000 10:46 pm
My email address... :(

benoit.hetu@sympatico.ca

Or through my crappy web page...

Consolemu
Your crappy webpage...
Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2000 2:54 am
Hell, I kinda liked your webpage. Atleast it had a neutral background and organized content. We can all agree that we've seen worse. And that's pretty cool that you wrote those comodore 64 games and converted them to SG1000.

btw, that Joe Cartoon thingie (with the superfly) was pretty funny. I know you didn't make it but I'm just saying.

Chris :o)

Re: Your crappy webpage...
Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2000 11:53 pm
> Hell, I kinda liked your webpage. Atleast it had a neutral background and organized content. We can all agree that we've seen worse. And that's pretty cool that you wrote those comodore 64 games and converted them to SG1000.

> btw, that Joe Cartoon thingie (with the superfly) was pretty funny. I know you didn't make it but I'm just saying.

> Chris :o)

O_o..... Thanks chris!

I know I need to expand it, add more things in it but you know how it goes, we are our worst critic... ;)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!