Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - How to get MEKA fullscreen on an arcade monitor?

Reply to topic
How to get MEKA fullscreen on an arcade monitor?
Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:55 am
Hey,

First I want to say thanks!
The first system I ever owned was an Atari, then a Coleco. Wow Coleco made Atari look like crap! I fell in love with Video games!! I skipped the Intelevision because I hated the controler.

Then it came!! The Sega Master System!! I nearly wet my pants at Xmas morning, 1987!!

Ever since then I have always brought my SMS out of its box every year for some memories!

I have now grown up (not much) and have bought a few arcade cabs and have now built a cab with ADVmenu and ADVmame running in it! This seemed to tie me over for a while but I needed my SMS fix. I installed Meka (the best SMS emulator) and was jumping for joy the moment I got it working. I have now spent over 3 hours configuring ADVmenu and MEKA so that I get the best possible experiance.

Here is the thing. I am unable to get Meka to run in Full Screen on my Arcade Cab. i have done everything I can.

Im using ver or MON-ARCH that outputs a 15khz to my arcade monitor but becasue meka only works in fullscreen with strech this makes it look funny and inacurate.

Has anyone ever considered porting meka to ADVmeka? so that we can hit the proper resolutions on a arcade cab or TV.
Does anyone have any suggestion..

Thanks in advance!!

and once again MEKA ROCKS!!
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:00 am
Have you edited meka.blt to enter some suitable resolutions? SMS is natively [256 or 248]x[192 or 224], Game Gear is 160x144. You can also double those resolutions and use the double blitter. If you are running in Windows it may be necessary to mess with some registry settings to make the video driver allow these resolutions. You can change blitter at runtime with the F1 key.
Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:05 pm
I tried a few resolutions but double screen is not a solution since it created interlacing flickering. I will try the resolutions you suggested.. :) Im running in DOS, I feel that running through windows ruins the arcade cab experiance.

Thanks.
Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:13 pm
Meka Says Unable to run at desired resolution (256x240)

:(

any further suggestions?

Thanks.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:04 am
Try 512x384 doubled (for most SMS games). Meka uses Allegro for video, if Allegro can't switch then it's not in Meka's power to change it.
Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:31 am
theboy_181 wrote

I have now grown up (not much) and have bought a few arcade cabs and have now built a cab with ADVmenu and ADVmame running in it!

How the heck did you ever afford arcade cabs?
Also, how the heck did you come up with a space to put those?!?!?
Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:40 am
LOL,

Your questions are a bit strange. How does anyone afford to do what they desire? Sell drugs of course!! LOL no really, you have really want it, and to tell you the truth if you have the space you can get a arcade cab for as little as 150 bucks.
If you have the knowledge or the ability to read you can make a computer run in that cab with loads of great emulators such as MEKA!!!!

Now go look and see if you have any room for a few cabinets...
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!