Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Yay! I beat Kenseiden! (For Heilophobe)

Reply to topic
Consolemu
Yay! I beat Kenseiden! (For Heilophobe)
Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2000 10:18 pm
Yes! I finally beat the game! After years of playing off and on I've finally conquered it! I didn't really have to cheat to win either. Btw, I discovered the secret to beating that spiked club bashing demon. It's easy now that I know how to win. You gotta wait for him to take two steps, when his feet are together and then strike his knees. He'll back up like you said and then you wait and repeat that until he's finished. I can almost beat him without getting hit once. Now that I've beaten the game though, I feel like I've been cheated. For an adventure game that's as deep and long as that one, the ending isn't all that great. It reminds me of beating Street Fighter II. You just see 3 frames of animation that loops and text types at the bottom of the screen. No credits or anything.

Another thing that pissed me off kind of is that the game has terrible translation in it. It's laced with unchanged Japanese everywhere and what is changed is poorly written. "Thou hast learned the art of high jump." Why couldn't the game say something like, "Hayato has found the scroll of high jump" or "Hayato has found the scroll of the Berzerker technique." That game almost needs to be re-translated.

After all that, that makes me want to seriously sit down and create a nice sequel for it. Mabye not right now but when I finish my current project.

PS. Zoop, if you're glancing over this...Sorry for being off topic.

zOoOoOoOp
Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2000 10:23 pm
> PS. Zoop, if you're glancing over this...Sorry for being off topic.

And the worse is that you know you are off-topic. Please stop with it as long as it's unrelated to anything technical.
People on this forum are also reading the main forum I guess.

Thank you for your comprehension.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!